Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I have my new number plate...we just ordered it direct from DVLA and they have confirmed that it is mine, all mine. My darling Clive has bought it for my birthday in November...here it is......

K155 XUX or KISS xUx

What do you think?...I love it
Love it!!!! Good old Clive came through in the end
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh great, that's a nice one! Can't wait to see it on, you do know you have to put up pics now when it arrives!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thank you...I keep looking at different fonts so I get the x's just right to look like kisses, but Clive is rolling his eyes at me and telling me I'm only allowed to have legal plates
The font needs to be easy to read, otherwise you will be stopped by the police. That said, I have been driving around on Illegal plates for 9 years now, but they are easy to read. Even the police commented that they were easier than the legal ones. You will need to put the legal set on for your mot every year though. Sticky fixers work just fine for that.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Love it!!!! Good old Clive came through in the end
Thanks CC, yes Clive weakened, bless him...I thought I was going to borrow the money for it but he said that I would have to have it for my birthday...I was blown away

Originally Posted by random View Post
Oh great, that's a nice one! Can't wait to see it on, you do know you have to put up pics now when it arrives!
Thanks Kel..I shall take some piccies when its done. I really liked it as its a bit lovey dovey but not really tacky...well I don't think it is And it can go on any vehicle in years to come.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
The font needs to be easy to read, otherwise you will be stopped by the police. That said, I have been driving around on Illegal plates for 9 years now, but they are easy to read. Even the police commented that they were easier than the legal ones. You will need to put the legal set on for your mot every year though. Sticky fixers work just fine for that.
Thats what Clive is worried about..the MOT..I think I shall just go with the flow for the time being, as he was generous enough to buy the reg for me I don't want to give him anything to worry about..my MOT is due in August so then I can decide whether to look for something more jazzy
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Nice one, Sheree

Leave it legal - saves any grief and people still "read" it how you intend anyway - well, they do mine
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Nice one, Sheree

Leave it legal - saves any grief and people still "read" it how you intend anyway - well, they do mine
Thanks Pat..I think you're right, we were looking at them on ebay again last night and the only ones that were over the top played with were those that didn't really read anything when left as they were. I agree that this one will read as it should...I've just been tormenting Clive that he may get propositioned by some burly workmen if he drives my car about
Page 35 of 35 « First < 25 32 33 34 35