View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 01:01 PM

Private Number Plates....have you?, would you?

I have developed a fascination with private number plates...maybe its something to do with my age or the fact that I drive around in an old x reg Picasso that is like driving a bus and I feel the need to put some kind of pazazz into my somewhat dreary driving time

I was talking to Clive about it last night as I have seen one on Ebay...its at £150 at the moment and there's no way I could afford to buy it but it is S (for Sheree) 55..not sure of the relevence other that it looks like 555 but the exciting bit is that it ends in SET..S55 SET.

As you all know, I'm a setter nut but Clive thinks I've really lost my marbles this time and said that if I was going to get one I should have one with my initials or something on so that it means something to other people..but I like that one and I know my setter owning friends would see the relevence of it, even if no-one else understood why I had it.

This got me to wondering how many of us do own private plates or have a hankering to get one

p.s. there are still some K9 combinations available but, sadly, none that are of any interest to me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Well you've got a bit to go yet, but you could always suggest that its a very, very early birthday present for your 55th birthday

Funnily enough I nearly bought one for OH for his birthday - as something to remember. I hadn't decided on first letter (several were available) but then it was going to be 40 + his initials.

But then I started thinking that we couldn't really afford it - or that if we could, there were better things to spend the money on.

Perhaps I'll do it for his 50th instead

I think really they are for yourself, not for anyone else, so why does it have to be your initials? I think its nice to have one that is relevent to your interests - one of the guys we play golf with has TEE in his
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I would if a) I had a car and b) they had anything to do with my breeds which they don't seem to, I do keep looking though, if I saw one i'd get it.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well you've got a bit to go yet, but you could always suggest that its a very, very early birthday present for your 55th birthday

Funnily enough I nearly bought one for OH for his birthday - as something to remember. I hadn't decided on first letter (several were available) but then it was going to be 40 + his initials.

But then I started thinking that we couldn't really afford it - or that if we could, there were better things to spend the money on.

Perhaps I'll do it for his 50th instead

I think really they are for yourself, not for anyone else, so why does it have to be your initials? I think its nice to have one that is relevent to your interests - one of the guys we play golf with has TEE in his
Thats what I was thinking...the money thing, but my house sale completes in a few weeks time and I did think it would be nice to treat myself to something out of the proceeds that would last a lifetime. As you say, they are personal and I couldn't think of anything I would prefer than either SET or DOG or similar, its just that the one on ebay is a bargain..even at that price

Originally Posted by random View Post
I would if a) I had a car and b) they had anything to do with my breeds which they don't seem to, I do keep looking though, if I saw one i'd get it.
Thanks Kel...I think I need to be a bit pushy and see if Clive will buy it for me and I pay him back when I have the funds
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, I would - because yes, I have

Mine is business related so I was even able to claim it back as expenses As for S55 Set reads to me like SSS Set, so either 4 setters are in your future or you're going to develop a stutter And don't you still have the dog web site.. have a chat with the accountant see if you can claim for it?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Yes, I would - because yes, I have

Mine is business related so I was even able to claim it back as expenses As for S55 Set reads to me like SSS Set, so either 4 setters are in your future or you're going to develop a stutter And don't you still have the dog web site.. have a chat with the accountant see if you can claim for it?
Thanks Pat...I'm really going to try to push for it now..it has a couple of days to go so don't have to panic just yet. I went on the dvla site to see if there were any better ones but none of them appealed to me like this one does
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I have, it's personal to me, is not my initials or anything and everyone knows my car by it. The same plate has now been on 3 different vehicles and will go on everyone I have. I paid £250 for it from the dvla years ago andn have been asked if I would consider selling it numerous times, the answer's always the same, Not a chance.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I have, it's personal to me, is not my initials or anything and everyone knows my car by it. The same plate has now been on 3 different vehicles and will go on everyone I have. I paid £250 for it from the dvla years ago andn have been asked if I would consider selling it numerous times, the answer's always the same, Not a chance.
I think thats how I would feel about having this one...my initials could change so then it would be redundant..and I will always have a passion for the setters. I suppose there's nothing to stop me getting this one and then changing it if something even more appropriate came up later on
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
your first name won't change Sheree, and that's the first three on my plate.. P4T for Pat
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
I want VMH1

One day..... when I'm rich!
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »