Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Skye's injured her leg.

My sister got up this morning and went down stairs, Jake and Star followed, Skye stayed upstairs, she sometimes does this. My sister put toast on that normally send Skye running but this morning it didnt, so she went to check as she thought something was up. Skye was lay at the top of the stairs looking sad. My sister opened my door to say she was worried and skye didnt move, where as normally she would be jumping on my head.

She finally stood up and walked downstairs, thats when we noticed she was lifting her back left leg quite badly, when she got down she lay in her bed and still didnt move. My sister got the first appointment in the vets and took her down. The vet has check and said there is a few possiblitys but will know more after and x-ray, Skye has stayed in and will have to phone later.

I cant understand how this happend as it seems to have happened overnight.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Poor Skye. I hope its not too serious (perhaps a pulled muscle that just needs a bit of rest).

Do you have laminate flooring in your house?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Poor Skye. I hope its not too serious (perhaps a pulled muscle that just needs a bit of rest).

Do you have laminate flooring in your house?
I hope its nowt serious, but there was quite a bit of swelling. We have laminate but its nearly all covered by a huge rug as Storm used to fall on it. I dont think she has fell on it though.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear about Skye.

I guess it could be any one of a million things although if it happened during the night rather than out on a run it'll hopefully be nothing too serious.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I hope she hasnt ruptured her cruciate ligament Stormey, fingers crossed its nothing serious.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Sorry to hear about Skye.

I guess it could be any one of a million things although if it happened during the night rather than out on a run it'll hopefully be nothing too serious.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I hope she hasnt ruptured her cruciate ligament Stormey, fingers crossed its nothing serious.
Cheers both, I have to phone the vet at 3pm. I am at a loss what could have caused it, she went to bed as normal but in the morning couldnt get up. She was in a bad way, she didnt moan or cry or anything but was not herself in the slightest.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 03:13 PM
fingers crossed that its something that can be easily fixed. x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Stormey, I am guessing from your post this happened first thing this morning? Can you think back to when you last saw Skye walking and was she 'as normal' then, also did the dogs play roughly yesterday could she have bumped her leg and it has swollen overnight.

I hope it is just a simple bump and that Skye will be better soon
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
That was my first thought (mind you it usually is after having direct experience).

Have you heard from the vet now Stormey?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Cheers all.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Stormey, I am guessing from your post this happened first thing this morning? Can you think back to when you last saw Skye walking and was she 'as normal' then, also did the dogs play roughly yesterday could she have bumped her leg and it has swollen overnight.

I hope it is just a simple bump and that Skye will be better soon
The last time we saw her walking fine was last night when she went upstairs to bed. So I can only guess its something she may have done before which resting has made worse or if she has got up in the night and done something.

We have an appointment with the vets in about 30mins so will know more then.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >