View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 10:17 PM

for anyone who wondered what its like having an in season bitch with males {vid}

If you ever considered having an bitch with males whos not going to be spayed, have a quick look at this,

Just thought I would post this short vid, It gives you some idea as to the stress involved for males when a bitch comes into season.

Im very lucky my males dont fight, many people find it impossible to keep more than one male indoors with a female in season...
there are two males in this clip... hence the crying from one and the narking from the other... Vinnie is behind the cage and kaos at the side poor holly is in the middle trying to get a bit of shut eye.

This goes on for days on end, some young dogs will behave like this from day one of a bitches season untill the end, which can be three weeks or longer untill the bitch no longer smells nice,
Again as my two are stud dogs they tend not to bother untill the bitch is bang on ready for mating so I only really have to put up with this for around 5 days.ish.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...cture003-2.flv
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 11:15 PM
oh shona I dont know how you can put up with it.

if thats not a reason to spay i dont know what is !! LOL

even although I think your dogs are beautiful....

i just could not listen tothat for 5 minutes never mind 5 days !!!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 11:34 PM
i don't envy you that
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oh shona I dont know how you can put up with it.

if thats not a reason to spay i dont know what is !! LOL

even although I think your dogs are beautiful....

i just could not listen tothat for 5 minutes never mind 5 days !!!!
If I had no plans to mate holly for some time I would have got her the delv injection, But im not sure if I will mate her next season or not, As its best to have a season between injections before mating {which would mean this time next year instead of the summer } before I could mate her,
I may not even mate her in the summer who knows..
Tegan who comes into season four weeks before holly has been getting the delv injection to stop her seasons and it works well,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
i don't envy you that
lol I am a bit strung out at the min, lol
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Skye & Fingal have not been castrated but Breagh has been spayed so we don't have season problems.

That said Fingal sounds and acts just like that towards Skye if Skye's had his hair brushed

Fingal normally calms down ones he's given Skye a bit of rodeo on their window sill - mostly when there's something on at the hall over the street.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Skye & Fingal have not been castrated but Breagh has been spayed so we don't have season problems.

That said Fingal sounds and acts just like that towards Skye if Skye's had his hair brushed

Fingal normally calms down ones he's given Skye a bit of rodeo on their window sill - mostly when there's something on at the hall over the street.
pml... your dogs are all mad...how the hell does fingal get up there...skyes.......big. lol
rodeo at the window...again pml.
never a dull moment at your house eh?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Haha that's great! Maddy has been spayed but Bear will act like that towards her when she won't let him get a bit of the rodeo. He is a very frustrated boy is the Bear bum. Maddy is not the most tolerent of dogs towards these lads and their wayward intentions. And Dusty is willing the wee tart but he just can't figure out how to even attempt it with her, he's just baffled.

Charlie isn't too bad at all with the girls, mind he was castrated before I got them for this very reason, he will still go through the motions and is forever humping for a few days but never pines or whinges or anything. Bear is bad enough without encoutering an in season bitch yet.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Bear is bad enough without encoutering an in season bitch yet.
lol,....you will know when he gets his first whiff of bitch....
the shutters just come right down.
My normaly very well trained eager to please dogs,. just go into horny mode...nothing helps...
If I take kaos out for a walk when one of the bitches are in this state...he just gets all lovey with me, he never tries to hump me or anything but he clings to me and whines if I hand the lead to boobah and walk off...
its a nightmare.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:28 AM
No fun, hon, no fun at all.......

It'll be over soon... x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >