Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Can't Go Walkies Just Now But Have Found A Great Dog Walker

As I've just had surgery on my back a week ago , I can't take Missy for walks . Please keep sending in your fab pics as I'm really missing getting out and about just now.
I have found an excellent dog walker though and she is coming daily to take Missy out until I am fit enough to do it myself . Liz came to the house yesterday to meet Missy and discuss our requirements. We all got on very well and she came back today to take Missy out for her first walk. I'm paying for 1 hour daily , but Liz got a bit carried away and was out for nearer an hour and a half . She had another dog with her , Hamish , a wee westie. Missy and Hamish hit it off straight away and went off happily together with Liz for their walk. Liz has been boarding Hamish over the weekend and that was his last walk before going home. Liz also had her 9 year old son , Josh with her. They all had a great time , Liz and Josh love Missy to bits and they are looking forward to coming again tomorrow .
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 03:58 PM
That's great news, one less thing to worry about on your road to recovery.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks Hali . I'm really looking forward to getting out and about again. Maybe in about 3 months time I'll be able to start meeting up with other Dogsey members for walks. I love looking at all of the fab pictures and reading about everyone elses walks. I just can't go myself just now. Finding a good dog walker has really helped. I'd recommend Liz to anyone in this area as she is very good with dogs and is fully insured. She comes from Haddington area.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Great news, Suzanne. Now you can concentrate on your recovery.

Hugs honey xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 07:45 PM
great news - am sure she will enjoy walking missy - she seems like such a good dog - you have done so well with her xxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
That sounds excellent, I'm sure it's put your mind at ease knwoig you have found such a good perosn to take Missy out walking till you have recovered from your op. I hope you are feeling fitter soon
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Firstly, here's hoping your up and about in no time. Healing vibes and ((((hugs)))) to you Hun.
Secondly....errrrrrrr if missy enjoys her walks that much, you may havre to take them along with you when your up and about Glad she is happy xxxxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Liz sounds a treasure.

You get on with your recovery and take care of yourself.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies . This week has been great since finding Liz. Apart from Sunday , as it was raining all day and Missy doesn't do rain , Liz has been every day at the time agreed. Today , she had her 3 year old daughter with her ! I held Missy while Liz fastened Jasmine into her buggy. It was soooooooo cute watching my little doglet trotting off quietly with Liz , Missy in one hand and a buggy in the other. The went to the park after a short walk and had a great time playing fetch. Missy still got her full hour , and she got a kiss on the head and a cuddle from 3 year old Jasmine just before they left. I'm so happy with my dog as I've only seen her with older children since I got her. Jasmine was tiny and Missy was so gentle with her . I've sent an email to shopmobility to enquire about hiring a mobility scooter. I'm so fed up being stuck in the house apart from having 2 short walks a day. I can't wait for my back to get better as I'm missing out big time with the good weather we are having just now.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Liz sounds wonderful! Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope you can get out with Missy soon!