register for free

Dog News

Blind dog rescued in Alaska after being lost for 2 weeks

A blind dog who wandered away from her Ester, Alaska, home during a cold snap has been reunited with her owner.

The 11-year-old Labrador retriever named Madera ventured away from home on Feb. 6, when the temperature dipped to 40 degrees below zero.

Her owner, Ed Davis, said he didn’t expect to find her alive. “My best hope was to walk those trails and look for a track that might be hers,” he said. “My best hope was to find a frozen dog.”
More here: http://woodtv.com/2015/02/28/blind-d...t-for-2-weeks/

Your comments and views:
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2015, 01:27 PM
A lovely story, a dog could just about survive for two weeks without food but she would have needed a good supply of clean water, eating snow (which our dogs used to do) is a suitable alternative and she must have done that plus found somewhere sheltered from the wind.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Poor little thing I am surprised though if she was only half a mile from home that she didn't manage to get home using her nose.
I would guess at 11 she might have a degree on CCD too so might have been confused.
naambtaa
New Member!
Male 

16-03-2015, 02:11 PM
I would guess at 11 she might have a degree on CCD too so might have been confused.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top