register for free

Dog News

Dog punch man hunted after Norwich street attack

Named suspects are being sought in the hunt for a man seen repeatedly punching a dog in a Norwich street.

CCTV footage showed the man striking the unknown breed four times after attaching a lead in Jex Road.

RSPCA inspector Laura Sayer said the punches were landed with "considerable force" and the dog showed "clear signs of fear".

The RSPCA said a "number of names" had been put forward in connection with the attack at 13:30 GMT on 9 February.
More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-31573915

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Dog looks rather small, poor thing. I suppose he was "punishing" the dog for getting loose, since he put a leash on it shortly afterwards. Way to make a dog want to get loose even more. Why punch him? Some people...

Edit: I found the video, and the dog cowered to the ground as the man approached him and stayed stick still while the man got the leash ready. Clearly he is used to being hit etc. Pretty sad video and pretty sorry human. He put the leash on, and swung four times pretty hard, but the dog seemed to dodge at least a few of the blows. He then leaves with the dog...
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Is the video on Youtube Myra? I hope they catch him!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Yes, it is. Or, it was when I saw it. Did you want me to find it?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Yeah if you can please
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2015, 11:53 PM

Think this is the standard (desktop, not mobile) link to the video. Pretty ugly, there was no reason to hit the dog, he was already terrified beyond belief and the man had already leashed him.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Omg thats awful

Thanks for finding the vid!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2015, 02:29 PM
It is ugly. Welcome for the video. It's best as many people as possible see it, maybe help identify this dude and get that dog away from him. He's truly shut down, so rehabilitation will likely be hard, but if they find the dude, maybe the dog will have a chance at a better life

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top