Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 10:40 AM

Christmas dinner?

Hey guys,

So here I am, 19 and clueless about what to cook for christmas dinner. See I dont like meat that isnt cooked right or hasnt got bred crumbs on so I tend to go for the breadcrumbed meat. So every christmas at home was with yorkies, roasts, mash and chicken dippers

So I, as me and the OH have a new house, have offered to have the family over for christmas dinner - what do I do?

Mark - Adie's brother is also like me so we will be having the smae dinner, I know I have to steam some veg and Adie will cook the meat but is there anything else I can do - a desert that will leave them all wanting more etc ( I have to cook two dinners - cant fit mine and his fmaily round the same table at the same time)

Help me please!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Do a big turkey/goose/lamb/pork/beef or whatever everyone wants, and then make your chicken dippers (I had a laugh at this - sorry!) separately.

Get your guests to make & bring some of the side dishes that can easily be warmed up/served cold...stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sause, desserts, etc. That should cut down on your time in the kitchen.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Do a big turkey/goose/lamb/pork/beef or whatever everyone wants, and then make your chicken dippers (I had a laugh at this - sorry!) separately.

Get your guests to make & bring some of the side dishes that can easily be warmed up/served cold...stuffing, bread sauce, cranberry sause, desserts, etc. That should cut down on your time in the kitchen.
I laugh at myself too

And good point - although I was going to nip to Iceland and buy lots of party snacks and that - I cant do something and not do it big! The only easy thing about this dinner - being able to keep the dogs out the kitchen and I dont even need a baby gate for it either