View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I dont think you ever get over the loss of a furkid, but time does heal, slowly but surely the pain eases, the tears are less, and remembering brings smiles instead of heartache, give yourself time it is still early days and the loss is still raw at the minute.

Mo
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Hello Butterfly,

We all know what you feel. I lost my choc lab nearly 2 years ago. The pain was nearly unbearable and I really felt as if I wouldn't be able to cope. I turned to the Blue Cross bereavement counselling, they were very nice but it didn't help with the pain. I got a new lab quite quickly because I couldn't stand the emptiness and my family thought it would help. I am glad I did, I love him just the same as my last dog but at the same time I still love my last dog as much and still shed tears for him daily. There is no quick cure, if any, but you learn to cope. Something I learnt about loving a dog is that the love is endless, you just keep on loving the next one the same.

I wish I had known about this site when I lost my boy because I was in quite a mess, so keep on here and take the comfort people can offer you and in time it will slowly fade so you can cope.

Getting another dog quickly certainly isn't for everyone but you could think about it.

Take care xxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Think we all feel that sadness & for me personally the two I get most upset about are my two who died early at four. To lose them before they had had a full life is what hurts most. My girl who I lost at 15 & half though it hurt just as much at the time I did feel better sooner as I knew she'd had a long full & happy life.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Its 3 months since I lost my gorgeous girl.....and its still so raw, but I can now talk about her and look at her pictures....Takes time to deal with it...
JaniceH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont know if you ever get 'over' it, you just deal with it better over time. My first ever dog, Rosie, died just over two years ago. She'd been through domestic violence issues with me, moved house three times, been into a refuge with me etc and saw my eldest son grow from a tiny toddler, and was at the door when I bought my youngest son home from hospital. The only way that I was able to bear the silence and heartbreak was to get another dog. They are never the same, but they give the same unconditional love and need you just the same. So it helps the pain heal.

Im so sorry for your loss.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
My heart breaks for all of you that have had this happen so recently and to those that although have had time pass still feel as I do.

When I lost Molly, I thought nothing could ever hurt so much except a human death in the family. I got Crystal and as much as I loved that little bundle of sweetness I thought even at age 14 that when she went at least it wouldn't be as hard as Molly. I was wrong it was harder. It's been a little over a yr. since I lost her and it still hurts like yesterday so yes, I understand you completely.

Keep busy and look at all the good things you have each morning you wake up. You are in my prayers. Hugs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2