View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 08:04 AM

so much for animals picking up on their owners pain.

for the last few days ive been in alot of pain (trapped nerve in the back) and sunday i had to take ben out.charlie was out and ben was needy. so i think yep ok ill go slowly. ben dont do slowly. he wants to go NOW and as quickly as he can. so theres me with ben on the lead. going from 1 side of the path to the other. grrrr ,he knew i couldnt chase him the rotter.so we gets to the feild. and i let him off. then the fun part bending down to pick up the biggest pile of poo. god knows what i looked like trying to pick it up. but managed it. and after a couple of tiddles it was home again. quickest walkies ever.
since then charlies been doing the walkies for me.
backs getting better. but was very painful for a while.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Ouchie, I feel for you there have been times when I have prayed no one was watching me "poo pick"
He probably thought he would just give you physiotherepy lol.
Hope you feel better soon.
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Did your dog cause the back injury? Mine has put my back out twice (prolapsed disc), second time lost all the reflexes in my left leg as well as the feeling!! Then this weekend he decided to take off after a cat (whilst on the lead) pulling me off my feet and badly spraining my ankle!! He's a DDB and as I wasn't paying attention (I know its my own fault really!!) I didn't stand a chance.

I am still walking him and though at first he was considerate because I was in pain, he is now bored of broken mummy. So he is either being a little git by trying to see how fast I can hobble or he is asking passerbys to adopt him as broken mummy's no fun!! But I still love him, don't know why but I do
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Backs are horrible when they go wrong
Glad its improving but you don't want to upset it until its all better.
I'm sure dogs can tell when you don't feel right. Mercifully our two have decided to be on their best behaviour since the accident. Even Chip has started giving me the ball and not just dropping it in front of me.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your back. Wish you better soon. xx

Our first jack was ace at being a real comfort if we were ill. Missy will lie on the bed with you if you're ill enough to be in bed, but once you're up - you're fine!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2009, 09:48 PM
my backs still a bit sore, but getting alot better. charlies still doing the walkies. im trying to convince him that doing the shopping would be good as well
mmy cats have been great constant attention from them. but ben as long as hes getting the bikki ration and dinner. hes even more a daddys boy.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I like the way they seem puzzled while you try to recover from them smashing their head into yours.