Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 02:25 PM

I embarrassed OH in Pets @ Home

Hubby and I went to Pets @ home today to pick up some dog food for our dogs and I had to get worming tablets, so I went for my usual Johnson's worming tablets. Went to the check out and the check out assistant turned round and started stating to me that Drontal was a muh better worming tablet and recommended I went for it instead........... before I start with my reply to the check out guy.....this is my own experience/opinion and dont recommend that everyone doesnt use drontal...............anyhoo OH knew what was coming by the look on my face...... I asked the assistant why he felt this was a better product for MY dogs, and he came back saying that drontal was the best product they had for worming, I replied by saying yes but they arent suitable for my dogs as they cause one of them to vomit and the other to become drowsy, I was then told that he had never heard of a dog having these affects and that was over medicating my dogs........... Graham (OH) was whispering in my ear at this point to leave it......... the reply he got from me was 'how dare you!! Do you think every dog owner is an idiot??' his reply ....no..... 'so you think I'm an idiot??' reply ..........no. 'hmmmmm well Drontal plus aka Praziquantel causes drowniness,vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea in dogs and excessive salivation, even though most side effects are rare they do occur, oh and btw I'm a fully trained VN......... so please rather than try to push/promote the most expensive worming tablet, why dont you leave the dog owner to their decision or if they ask for help then give your opinion'..........he just handed over the bag.

Outside OH turned and said your arent always right and he was trying to be helpful......... he got this reply - I know I'm not always right but if I wanted his help choosing worming tablets I would ask, I didnt ask, and he was only trying to push the product because it's the most expensive one there. Maybe I was totally out of order but I had just been to Asda and was in a grump. Rant over
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Hehe fair play to you. I can't stand it when people try and push you into buying things.

I'm like you with the opinion that if I want help, I'll ask, if not, leave me alone to do what I came to do...
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2009, 03:13 PM
+1
Well done, i get fed up to the back teeth with assistants like these, we have one in our local petrol station, even if i am just there to buy fags i will always get "Any petrol sir?"...er, no, if i wanted petrol i would have stated the pump number wouldn't i?, not everyone is a crook or an uninformed idiot.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I get hacked off in computer shops because I get treated like a drooling idiot because I`m (a) female and (b) old. I got my own back one day when being patronised by a spotty young assistant when I turned to the couple he`d been recommending a PC to and telling them the chip was obsolete and the motherboard was incompatible with the new generation of chips so they were basically buying expensive scrap.
Incidentally - my spot-on (Stronghold) does roundworm as well. Some of my friends don`t realise that and worm their dog as well. Is this over-medicating?
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
because I`m (a) female and (b) old.
Oh my word another illusion shattered I imagine you as in your 20's
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Your story made me laugh !
I just about have a fit in Pets at home when I hear them giving out wrong advice like get a guinea pig and a rabbit and keep them together !
My OH has to drag me out the door before I go mad
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Wooooooo Leanne Glad i wasn't serving you soz, but poor guy
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL - good on you
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 06:19 PM
lol I'm so glad no body thought I was a mad mare! Graham did lol!!! I just dont take their sh*te, especially in PC shops - I have a tech wizz for a hubby. I dont think he will want to serve me again lol
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Oh my word another illusion shattered I imagine you as in your 20's
I thought the exact same thing as you Cava14una! so your a "older" biddy then ClaireandDaisy? mind you I can't say much as I'm not far off the 40 mark and that make's me feel really old!

But I agree with Leanne I don't like shop people trying to get me to buy certain things as most of the time they are usually a lot more expensive than what I want to pay out for.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >