Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Fire - long story!!

About 5pm tonight me and hubby went out for a walk with our 2 - shadow and Fly and one of my clients dogs, we went to a woodland area in Dundee and had a really good walk and was heading back towards my client's house, on the path just at the back of some houses we saw smoke, actually thought a house was on fire!! But turned the corner and seen the fire was on the embankment and 3 young youths running past us shouting 'dawgs'! Both mine were off lead and decided to pursue the young guys! with my hubby running after them and me on my mobile phoning both the fire department and police!! I was told to wait at the entrance of the park while they arrived.....I was of course panicking because there was no sign of Fly, Shadow or Graham!! 15 minutes went past and police arrived, followed by fire engine! Police asked what had happened while they put out the fire, all they got from me was 3 teenagers came bounding past me and my husband and my 2 dogs and hubby gave chase! I dont know where they are but I need to go look for them!!
So off I went with 2 police officers in tow! We walked about half a mile to find all 3 youths standing VERY still and my two sitting either side my hubby VERY out of breath! All 3 were arrested! Then hubby told us what had happened, Shadow have gone after them thinking they were playing and was barking at them, which in turn made Fly bark.... Graham shouted, stop or they will hurt you (by the way they wouldn't - they were more likely to kill you with licks and kisses than bite). And they stopped!!! and stood there while both of mine went into a down position (their way of waiting for a ball to be thrown) but if you didnt know this they would look quite menacing!!
So hubby kept them in this position till the police had arrested them and then just turned round and said where's mum?? And I got the best kisses and cuddles ever!! The look on the lad's faces was a picture and the policemen laughed!!
We got thanked and so did Fly and Shadow!! They had been looking for the 3 of them for over 2 months as they kept setting fires in the woods, and they had never caught them till tonight!! Needless to say I'm very proud of my 2 but dont think we'll be at the woods for a while - too much excitement for one night! (they got a special treat for it too)
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Aw bless! That's brilliant! And quick thinking on your hubby's part too!

Well done Shadow, Fly and Hubby! (And of course, you for calling the police!)
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I think Graham was more surprised that they listened to him!! But they thought it was all a big game
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:54 PM
wow, what a brill story! Must have been quite scary though! Well done to you all for saving the day!!
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks! Our pup (Shadow) wasn't keen on passing the area where the fire had been - spooked him a little bit but persuaded him it was ok! And after all his heroics too ha ha
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Good on all of you!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow well done to you all you might get some sort of award If you don't you don't deserve one.
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Way to go Shadow and Fly and of course your hubby, what a fantastic bit of teamwork no wonder your so proud...and rightly so
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Well done to you all on your efforts!!!
You must be proud of Shadow and Fly, great dogs.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
To be honest I was very surprised by them, because normally they pay no attention to anyone or any other dogs when walking - but them hubby reminded me that we're normally playing with the ball and yesterday I left in the car oops! But very proud of them! Weren't too happy this afternoon because I had to bath them - they were stinking of smoke!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >