Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2008, 09:53 PM

Baxter Park tonight - long story!!!

Took Fly and Shadow out for walkies tonight at our usually haunt (Baxter Park) and as we were walking round there was a few dogs off lead including my 2, We came across a BC and labradoodle and my 2 weren't interested in either of them but the labradoodle came over to see us, I said hello to him and continued walking while his owner called after him about 6 times but he wanted to follow us until I had to walk over to her so she could get him, now I've come across the dog a few times and everytime he does this I have to talk him back to the owner - you would think she would come over to get her own dog!

So again we continued on our way when we saw a golden retriever running right across the park to get to 2 dogs, yet again the owner was shouting on his dog numerous of times until he went over to collect her! I was beginning to think that no one has any recall what so ever!

Then just as we were heading out the park a man came in with his dog off lead when Shadow decided he wanted to go see him but the other dog ran away on my first shout shadow came directly back to me and sat at my side so I could lead him, but the dog kept running out the park with the owner shouting on his dog!! eventually he came back in and I apologised for Shadow spooking his dog so much! He said it's ok his dog is very timid and scares very easily, I of course I asked him if you dog is timid why don't you lead him until you have him fully in the park? to his reply - I dont believe in leads! To which I replied what would happen if you dog was so spooked and ran out onto the road and god forbid was run over? He said he would cross that bridge when he came to it! I just walked off in disguist and shock! Does anyone else think this man is mad and shouldn't have a dog?!

The whole of Baxter Park was loopy tonight!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
In answer to your question, I don't think he will have the dog much longer, if he behaves so irresponsibly.

Twonk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Quite agree with you what an idiot. Ollies safety is top of my list just as it was when my boys were small.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Shame that the poor dog has to have such a brainless idiot in charge of it, although, he clearly isn't in charge of anything, and you would have to fear for the dog, just hope that when the inevitable happens no one else is hurt in the resulting carnage.