Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 06:28 AM

Daily Thread Friday 24th April

Good morning everyone

Lovely morning out there. Washing on line and having a quick breakfast before taking Teazle out.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 06:33 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. I hope you are all well and your four legged friends too.

Have a good day, stay safe and well. God bless.

I must confess I have been coughing well this morning but I think it is more a chesty cold cough than a dry cough, I have been totally isolated so I do not think it is the dreaded virus.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Morning all

Moyra did you get your delivery? Do you think your cough is hay fever related?

Sue Have a good day.

Well not sure what I am doing today bar going to work but garden high on my agenda.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, Kazz and all who follow.
Another lovely day starting here, keeps clouding over every now and then but has the makings of a nice day again I think.

Sue enjoy your walk.
Moyra hope the shopping turned out well after all the hassle you had. Hopefully not the virus as you say you have been self isolating if it is a chesty cough I think you're safe,
Kazz enjoy your gardening.

Dillon's paw healing but very slowly, it is on the big metacarpal pad towards his smaller pads and as that paw has a rotation on it of course it keeps splitting. I asked for advice on the berner health info site and was recommended manuka honey so we now have a small tube of that and some boots which are balloon like, takes two of us to pad the paw and get the boot on but he does love his walks.
When home and all the bits off the paw I rinse it, let it dry antiseptic spray it while he is having his breakfast then manuka honey during the day also allowing the air to it.
Today I would say it is looking a little better going to be a bit of a long job I think but seems we are slowly getting there and to be honest I am more troubled by it than he is.
We are going to measure his paw and I will email someone I found when googling to see if they are still making custom boots. Might be that paw is going to need full time protection now.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Yes, Got my order ok and I have another delivery due next Wednesday, so I am a happy bunny.

Poor Dillon, hope all you are doing for him Lynn will work out well. God bless him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2020, 09:17 AM
Thank you Moyra. We seem to be making slow progress and he doesn't seem unhappy.
If needed it will be a call to the vet, and a photo via email to see if they needed to see him, but in the present climate so many reasons to try to sort out ourselves.
Biggest one being we are not allowed into the practice with him and getting him in without us would be a huge challenge and like with everything in this present time unless absolutely necessary don't do it.
At the moment it isn't necessary and we are making progress in the right direction.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Lynn, if you can't go in with him, provided the weather is try they may do a car park consultation...that's what our vets have been doing and only take the dogs away from you if they need treatment. Are they pawz boots... bloody life saver those things are, used them with my old dog
Moyra, hope the cough goes and good the shopping went well
Kazz, our b&q has reopened and apparently the queues were huge to get in and the Muppets in the queue weren't two metres apart.. nothing to do with the store as it was right along the road
Sue... you have been very busy again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Yes griff they are. Amazing things.
We are still on the first one and we had to cut the top bit and it tore down further as it looked a little tight round the top for his joint but fits his paw brilliantly.
Still got 11 very good value for the money.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2020, 12:41 PM
They are utterly amazing, something so simple but so very very effective!