View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 06:48 AM

Daily chat Sunday 22nd March 2020 Happy mother's day.

Well good morning all. Hope you are all keeping well on this sunny morning. I have been reading your postings. Will pop in from time to time but nothing has changed much here. Hubby well. Still no word from daughter. Happy mothers day to you all even if you are a dad.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 06:53 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased to see you pop in and hope you are keeping well

Hope your landlady sorts the fence out quickly Moyra.

Another nice day forecast so I will try and do a bit more in the garden. Trimmed all the edges of the lawn and gave it a mow so that should last for a couple of weeks

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Good morning Brenda and Sue and those to follow. I trust you are all well and happy on this beautiful morning. I think it is Spring at last. Sue she wont do anything about the fence until the insurance coughs up. Prime example of why we had a brick wall there in the first place but she was too mean to replace it. Hence weak fence panels. Steve nearly had the lamp post for company in his bed.

Word of warning yet another killer virus going the rounds entitled Dance with the Pope. Delete it straight away.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe and well. Your four legged friends too.
God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Morning all. Hope you \re all good nice to see you Brenda.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Hello Tesco's,

I know it is very frustrating for all at this dreadful time. But as a loyal custome or some years and regularly placing an order every eek on a Wednesday I am finding it very frustrating not to be able to pre book a delivery slot. I worry because I have no transport and no way of getting to the shop.

Is there no way of getting around this problem for us loyal ones? I am surprised that so many people can do such big shopping when some of us only have small freezers and limited cupboard space. Thereby only being able to do limited shopping on a weekly basis.

Thankyou and kindest regards to you all for trying to keep us all going.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Brenda, I agree with you who are all these Tesco customers who all of a sudden need to book deliveries leaving no spaces at all for us regular Tesco customers to prebook our orders I have a delivery tomorrow but after that it takes another three weeks before I can get the next one.

They are saying if you self isolating as I am to tell them on the foot of the delivery instructions. But I cant find where to do that.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Morning everyone.
brenda good to see you keep well.

Happy Mothers day to all the mums.

Quite agree re: the online delivery situation, I usually shop with Ocado and Iceland, but gave up trying to get a slot. I am well enough to get out so not to bad and to be honest home delivery or do it yourself there is very little in stock.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hello Tesco's,

I know it is very frustrating for all at this dreadful time. But as a loyal custome or some years and regularly placing an order every eek on a Wednesday I am finding it very frustrating not to be able to pre book a delivery slot. I worry because I have no transport and no way of getting to the shop.

Is there no way of getting around this problem for us loyal ones? I am surprised that so many people can do such big shopping when some of us only have small freezers and limited cupboard space. Thereby only being able to do limited shopping on a weekly basis.

Thankyou and kindest regards to you all for trying to keep us all going.
Brenda did you intend to post this here? Also have you tried maybe iceland for some stuff?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Kazz, I think all online food shopping slots are in the same situation.
I don't think the government helped by terming it "lockdown" it's not lockdown is it?? Lockdown is basically house arrest.... People got worried that they wouldn't be allowed out to buy food when it runs out, as Lynn has said, her son in Spain can go to the shops, had a better phrase been used and it been made absolutely plain that going to buy essential food wouldn't be a problem, pretty much all of this would have been avoided. If retailers had acted at the very start and imposed a limit on the number of items that people could buy supplies may have lasted a bit longer enabling more people to be supplied... it's the same when the weather mention snow, people seem to rush out and buy loads of bread and milk! People just need to calm down, think rationally about things and the people in charge need to explain stuff in idiot terms, once that's done... hopefully people will understand better
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Brenda Why do you not contact your daughter in times like this I am sure she would come over and help.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >