Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 22nd July

Good morning folks still waiting for a storm to take the pressure off down here. Still very muggy.

Griff, hope you are feeling better this morning. Be glad that you have escaped what could have developed into a nightmare relationship. Some men do that put on their best airs and graces and then gradually revert to who they really are unable to keep up the pretences. Sometimes I think it is because they cannot be honest with themselves.

Harvey, sorry about the little dog who had to go back, I do hope they find him a good home soon. Glad you now have Lara and we all look forward to seeing some piccies of her. Hope Casey loves her.

Lynn, hope Joel's leg is on the mend, sounds as though it could be a long job, bless him.

LG, hope you are still recovering well. Take care.

Nippy Jen and Brian, hope you are both ok or as well as can be expected.

All those not mentioned, have a good day all, stay cool and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Morning all
Well, a bit cooler today, off for a haircut and a quick trip to the vets to pick up flea treatment
I will be o.k, I just find humans so hard sometimes
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Gorden home now till beginning of September. Dillon walked muggy here too and looking decidedly like bad weather is on its way.
I am over to Essex today to see my friend Julie for lunch Joel is coming to as we have to go to Tracey's after to pick up the rest of Mark's stuff from there why does Joel need to come for that you ask. After that we meet Mark go to Joel's house to meet his stepdad to get into the house to get the rest of Joel's stuff, Mark isn't comfortable going in without Joel and Joel will hopefully know where to find his belongings in the mess. I shall not be going in I will wait in the car. Don't think my stomach could deal with it.
Could of done with a nice lunch and good chinwag with Julie but unfortunately won't get that with Joel there.
Gorden offered to go over later in my car with him and do that job but I have promised him lunch and Dillon would be left again and we would both be heading home at rush hour.
I was on pins on Tuesday evening leaving him.

griff well he has shown his true colours and you are better off without him. As June said and Moyra and the rest of us hold your head high and move on.
Harvey wow a 400 mile round trip to take the newfie boy to his new home. Welcome to Lara hope her and Casey get along sure they will. Looking forward to pictures.
To everyone else hope you and four legged friends are well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Good morning

Hopefully you will soon have some respite from this hot weather Moyra in the meantime take it easy.

Safe journey Lynn and hope all goes smoothly with Joel when picking up his stuff. At least you now have Gorden until September so you don't have to shoulder all the burden. Hugs

Oh dear Griff he really is not a nice person and fancy saying its all your fault when clearly he is in the wrong. Still head up, deep breath and carry on being the nice person you are.

Welcome home Lara. Do hope Casey likes his new friend and I am sure with his help and the experience of you and your wife Harvey her problems will soon be behind her. Poor little mite you had to take back to rescue because someone wouldn't give him a chance. They don't come knowing all the rules so really you have to go back to square one and hopefully turn them round to the nice dog they really are. Looking forward to the pictures.

Over cast this morning g but still very warm. Washing done and out to dry and Teazle walked. Nothing else planned today .

Have a good day and stay safe
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Good morning all.
Well when does this "heatwave" end? It's 22c here and I'm dripping!
We had a good time last evening. Steak chips and peas with any drink you wanted £9 - 95. Can't be bad.
Gerry the painter is putting the final touches to the bungalow today then I can get my patio etc back to normal.
Please all take care, especially if you are driving, stay cool!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Morning everyone,
A little cooler here this morning so I'm going to get Rosie out on a god run round today, I've done a wash can't decide if to peg out or not. I've also got to nip to the bank this morning and then get hoovered round and if anyone fancies picking up my mountain of ironing I'd be eternally grateful
Griff I think you've had a lucky escape there, you've done nothing wrong (hugs)
Lynn hope everything goes to plan when getting Joel's stuff
Glad you've getting your patio back NJ
Hope Casey likes his new friend, looking forward to the pics later Losos
Sue hope you manage a day of rest then if nothing is planned
TW hope your back is ok and that Zen carries on improving
Right off to get to the bank see you later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Son text me this morning and said was I in, I said yes but not for very long as wanted to get girls out earlyish. He arrived about 10, bringing with him the 2nd DVD in the G.O.T series.
His boiler has broken down and he's looking for another, I told him NOT to get one from British Gas as they charge at least double everybody else. He is willing to pay a decent price for one as he says its got to last 20 odd years, so any recommendations from anyone at all and advice please.
Girls all been out now, Zen's gait still not quite right, she is full of beans though, so think I will go ahead with the less restricted walk I've planned for next week and see how that works out.
Dog next door was barking when I came back with Mabs and Kesh, that was around 12.15, wasnt' barking when I left about an hour before that, it is still carrying on, back door and the windows at the back are all open, and it is like a machine gun constantly going or a drill. Mine seem to have taken on board the fact that I will NOT be pleased if they join in, it was mainly Zen who was left in no doubt I was unhappy with that.
Nippy that meal was really good value, a decent steak to buy in a butchers is about a fiver probably, been a long time since I bought one, but looking at the prices thats on stuff in Asda, I would think about that.
Lynn, hope all goes well with the trip, its not going to be pleasant at all, but once its out of the way you can settle down to time off with Gorden and Mark coming over to see Joel.
Griff, big hugs, chin up and blow the rest of them
Harvey, hoping Lara had a comfortable first night with her new man
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Been onto the Council about accommodation and they said they had replied to me on the 11th July, still not received it but apparently they have considered my medical situation and say it is still the same as it was. I have said that I have not been able to have a proper shower or bath for the last three weeks. I have to resort to strip washes! They do not seem to care. I said I would be better off on the streets at least I wouldn't be expected to be clean! Sorry, I am just so pee'd off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Moyra, that is really bad, are there any other housing associations or just the council?
Mandy, if you found a taker for the ironing, let me know lol
Lynn, hope your trip goes o.k
TW...your lad sounds lovely
Thanks again for all of your support, I just feel a bit lost really
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I suppose I could contact Shelter to see if they can help. I just feel no help from anywhere. God bless, I am tired and fed up. Night all. Mo. xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >