Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 7th September, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Harvey do get well soon we miss you.

Have a good day all, lot colder this morning. Keep warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 08:04 AM
Morning Moyra,
Going to be chaos here today.... mechanic coming to sort the clutch on the xjs, and a roofer hopefully to fit our hopper and downpipe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Started off dull here now brightening up.
Just a short stroll today business and sniffing over the park then back home, not surprised after our marathon walk yesterday.

Hope the chaos isn't to chaotic griff.

Helen is well and so is Zena now 11 I have contact elsewhere. As for Gordon mac and Eileen sorry no idea how they all are.
All well I hope.
Elaine to she is well and we sometimes meet up she is popping over for lunch on Tuesday.
I am sure Harvey will pop in when able.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Good morning all.

Wet here this morning and cold so it's jumpers and raincoats again.

Please give Helen my best, Lynn. I used to love her contributions. I believe it was her and yourself who set up this daily natter thread. So glad to hear that Zena is still going strong too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Hi chris I will.
Yes helen and i did set up the daily natter thread.
Then there were a lot of issues between some members one who stopped me contributing for a while and others who seemed to wish to see it's downfall. One who has moved onto the sister site due to all the issues caused on this site.

Thread still going though even though Moyra does the honours now mostly of starting it off daily.
So those who chose to cause problems and see it's downfall didn't succeed.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Good morning Moyra,Chris, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you didn't get too wet on your walk Chris

Hope all goes well with your workmen today Griff

Pleased Dillon enjoyed his shorter walk today Lynn. Yes I used to like Henlen's contributions and miss her. Give her my regards.

Sunny intervals here today but have managed, with Barry's help, to get the acorns up so that I could mow the lawn. Have also got a saffron loaf on the go in the bread machine - yum. Other than give Teazle her second walk this afternoon nothing planned

Hope all are well

Hve a good day and stay safe
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Done my good deed for the day with Sue's help. The back lawn was covered in acorns and/or the shells. Time for the petrol blower to get to work. Using this actually is the best way and it lifts the acorns out of the grass instead of pushing them in with a lawn mower.

Sue is keeping stum on what I have bought her for the kitchen.
So don't look now

AS I am not supposed to say anything. We already have one but the previous owners didn't look after it and it was full of grease and even a professional oven cleaner could not get to some of it. Not only that but the grill don't work nor the dial on the oven.
it is a dark blue one that we are getting rid of, it don't match our colour scheme

Didn't know about what Amps it needed fuse wise so had to go home first then back to the shop. got to wait 4 weeks before delivery and connection, so in the meantime asked an electrician to check out the wiring etc and get it certified as correct for this oven.
Our existing one is 14 years old and electric regs might have changed. Also this is an induction hob against the usual hot plate type .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 01:38 PM
The rain stopped so we didn't get wet, but by heck it was cold. With a jumper and a fleece on it still cut through to the bone. Wish I'd put my winter coat on.

I remember most of the fun and games Lynn. I've never understood why the people who didn't like the thread just didn't pass it by instead of feeling the need to make derogatory comments, but such is life. A fairly recent member tried too, but was soon told it wasn't acceptable.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2019, 02:59 PM
I agree, don't like it... don't read it, simples!!!