Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 27th August, 2019

Good morning all. Going to be another hot one but if we are lucky we might get a shower. I hope you are all fit and well and Harvey you are not feeling too bad this morning. Hope our four legged friends are all in good health too.

Have a good day, keep cool and dry and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Very warm here again today.

We are over to see Mark and Lauren later today. It is Marks birthday Thursday and Laurens next week so we shall take their cards, money and their little extra gifts we buy.

Had a nice tin of biscuits yesterday from next door for feeding the rabbit. Felt a little bad I thought the font door was locked after much arguing with it. Turns out I hadn't, will have to apologise to Wendy. One of the little girls dropped off the biscuits and picked up the keys.
I had been using the side gate and just shed door but dropped a note in saying I had popped round and opened shed door as it was going to be hot again so fed Snowy to.
Wish I had left the note in the shed now.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follows

Nice of you to look after the rabbit Lynn

Out early again with Teazle and it was quite warm. Taken Barry's car in for service, done banking and Barry has had his hair cut. Now having a coffee and nothing else planned until we pick up the car.

Hope all are well including you Harvey hope you are not feeling too bad

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Afternoon all

Back to work tomorrow 5am still hot here took sister to hospital this morning. We are one step further along she does not have Trigeminal neuralgia but Cranial neuralgia. She is being sent for an MRI and also an X-ray and referred to a neurologist. But some of her symptoms are not caused by this however little by little we may get somewhere.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Afternoon all, ended up having to go out, Dex wouldn't eat, I thought it was time but he has eaten a little, got him some different foods.... honestly losing him can't come at a worse time but I will make that decision if I have to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
She is being sent for an MRI and also an X-ray and referred to a neurologist. But some of her symptoms are not caused by this however little by little we may get somewhere.

Kazz, all my blessings for your sister, hope the neurologist can find a solution and sort her out.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
... honestly losing him can't come at a worse time but I will make that decision if I have to

Oh poor you, hard decision, he's a liitle fighter that cat. I remember some of his tales you have told us. I know you'll do the right thing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Good afternoon all.

Well today has been the day from hell.

Dave was ill this morning so just me, Gary and Rosie for town.

Kept to our short, shady walk and all was well. Got back to the car, turned the key and ............. nothing.

The recovery number that Fiat gave us didn't work so I rang Dave who phoned the dealer who phoned - you get the idea. Three hours later the recovery man turned up and fitted a new battery as ours had died a death.

I was in a complete panic. The day was hotting up. The water I took for Rosie had already been used, but fortunately, they said they'd ring 5 minutes before getting to us so we waited at McD's and managed to get a table in the shade and some water for Rosie. I don't think we were too popular with the other customers for taking up a table for so long but we did keep buying drinks. Gary was looking at his watch every minute and a half and giving me a dirty look because the repairman wasn't there.

I hope I never have another problem like that, but lesson learned, and extra bottle of water will go with us every morning now. Rosie and Gary are both fine thank heavens so things could have been a lot, lot worse.

Aw, Kelly, I hope the new foods wakes up Dex's appetite. Hopefully it's just the heat making him more lethargic. Everything crossed here for him
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Afternoon all

Back to work tomorrow 5am still hot here took sister to hospital this morning. We are one step further along she does not have Trigeminal neuralgia but Cranial neuralgia. She is being sent for an MRI and also an X-ray and referred to a neurologist. But some of her symptoms are not caused by this however little by little we may get somewhere.
It's murder waiting to know what exactly you are fighting. I hope your sister gets her results very quickly and that all important neurology appointment.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Thanks again for all your thoughts. Finished the steroids yesterday so now on the 'down' phase for about a week, feeling weak tired and not able to do much, will try to drag my self to the 'puter' when I can, might miss the odd day but should be building up again by Friday or Sat.

Bit of rain tomorrow, yeeeaay never thought I would want rain
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-08-2019, 04:49 PM
car serviced and an MOT pass as it should be it car has only done 14,000+ miles in 5 yrs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >