View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Would the word sexist work griff ? Women or some want to be considered equal in the workplace so surely it should work the other way to.

Thank you griff and Chris yes we are glad it's done, just emulsioning the walls now thinking of a nice sage green seen s shade I like. Thinking it will set the wallpaper off nicely.
Then the hall and 2 bedrooms to do . Each room should only take a day she says hopefully.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Yes...I do believe it's sexist, don't get me wrong...I worked in an all male environment, back when I started out there were 3 female mechanics in the whole city...I was never given an easy ride, never given a chance because I was female...quite the opposite, I had to work twice as hard to prove myself and be accepted and yes....I had very bad women's problems, never missed a day from work because of it, I managed as best I could...I think if I had tried to use that as an excuse for time off I would have been a laughing stock in the workshop.
We have had a chat tonight and we think maybe him going part time and setting up window cleaning again may work...he can always do overtime if needs be, he wouldn't just be doing window cleaning this time, it will be gardening, jet washing block paving etc
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-08-2019, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
they produced a full time job from nowhere for her but when Steve asked for light duty so he could work he was told he was employed as a driver and that's that.

Office politics used to drive me mad when was in an office. I could quote you similar things, it goes on, don't really know how to change it. If your face fits it's fine, if not I just got out but I do understand that for Steve it's not so easy.

By the way, around here there seems to have a been a huge increase in people offering 'gardening services' I asked my neighbour if she could give me the phone number of the young women doing her garden, she said no she's far too busy and can't take on any extra work. I have actualy spoken to her and she confirmed she can't take on any customers until late Autumn at least

Glad the knee is a bit better today

Lynn - I like that fireplace, we need to do something on ours but as we don't use it much it'll probably have to wait
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2019, 09:25 PM
Funny you should say that Harvey...my next door neighbour said the same, she asked her friend for her grass cutters number and she said the exact same... far too busy to take on new clients
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2