Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 06:19 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 29th April, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. One day left in April soon be Christmas again! God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Can everyone keep their fingers crossed at about 11 am, we are taking mums friend to the vets with her dog....the dog hasn't been in a car so I have to attempt to get 30kg of rough collie into the back of a BMW lol. I am hoping taking him by surprise just grabbing him and stuffing him in will do, then we need to get him used to the car....I didn't have time to get him used to jumping in and out himself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Weather bit funny here today looks like the sun may start to shine then it clouds over.
Hoping it stays fine we have a column apple tree to plant and a beautiful papaver poppy and to pop some alpines into the soil beneath the gravel.

Fingers crossed griff. Mind your fingers incase he gets a bit stressed and snaps.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. One day left in April soon be Christmas again! God bless.
That's it Moyra stay cheerful LOL
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Can everyone keep their fingers crossed at about 11 am, we are taking mums friend to the vets with her dog....the dog hasn't been in a car so I have to attempt to get 30kg of rough collie into the back of a BMW lol. I am hoping taking him by surprise just grabbing him and stuffing him in will do, then we need to get him used to the car....I didn't have time to get him used to jumping in and out himself
Good luck.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Weather bit funny here today looks like the sun may start to shine then it clouds over.
Hoping it stays fine we have a column apple tree to plant and a beautiful papaver poppy and to pop some alpines into the soil beneath the gravel.

Fingers crossed griff. Mind your fingers incase he gets a bit stressed and snaps.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

I LOVE papaver poppies...…
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 09:03 AM
I am waiting for an amazon order of vinegar use it as weed killer, as won't use shop brought ones as pesticide in as it endangers not only animals but bees etc.

So use 5ltr white vinegar not distilled two handfuls salt and cup of washing up liquid. Spray on job done.

Also another couple of deliveries not amazon confirmation.

Of as well as hoping to hear from the coroners office.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Morning all. Kelly when we had to get owners dogs into cars we used either a stooge dog or food. Having the radio on is also a good idea. Kazz won't the salt be a problem for any plants that it washes up against when it rains? If it doesn't I will try it myself along the wall that is on the pavement.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone

You all sound as though you are going to be busy

Good luck with the dog Griff hope. you managed to get to the vets ok

Same here Lynn, one minute the sun is out then clouds gather but so far dry. Washed and now drying towels, done the monthly shop and also rubbed down, washed and painted the outside of the door and undercoated the bit inside where Barry has put the patch where the cat flap was. Another coat outside tomorrow and all should be good then I am starting to fill, rub down painted surfaces and paint kitchen walls. Expect that will take me about a week all told. It will keep me out of mischief

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Afternoon all!! We got to the vets, was a lot easier than I expected, he is really bad in the car howling and trying to climb out of the window. He is vaccinated and his testicles are both down now so she can decide if to neuter or not.
Sue, I need to get painting fence panels but it keeps going overcast.
Lynn, I will look that poppy up
Kazz, hope your delivery comes...I might try that weedkiller formula myself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >