Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Local council want to build on our local field

so tomorrow theres a public meeting to discuss all this. we are trying to get village green status.
But the council want to sell all our green spaces to pay for the OLYMPIC VILLAGE where the athletes might just want to do a bit of practice. not a definite thing but only a maybe.
everything decent feild or park in basildon is being earmarked for our corrupt conservative councillors mates who have building companies.
so im all ready for the meeting. but i have to remember calling the councillors corrupt scum might get me kicked out the meeting lol
oh and we have a mayor (not elected i may add)
ill let u know how it goes
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I wish you the very best of luck. The evil *** at our council gave permission for some scummy houses to go up in 'our' field, despite loads of objections and the fact that there are badgers and bats on site. Many residents objected on those grounds, plus increased traffic, noise, lack of school places - you name it! Even water supply.

Sorry to sound so negative - I really hope you can achieve what we did not.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I wish there were something positive I could say, but I live down the road and over the 15 years I`ve been here watched playing fields, SSIs, nature reserves and woods disappearing under the bulldozer.
While so much money is washing round the system, I don`t think the poor bl**dy residents stand a chance in Essex.
I have to get on a train now to give my dogs decent walk.

btw - they built over a badger sett here a couple of months ago. The Council said it was OK if the developers built them a new one. Which they have - between a busy road and a footpath where all the local dog walkers go. Great.