View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 12:06 PM
i had a similar situation but witha white van driver!!

i was coming down a street where all the cars were double parked and a van pulls out and turns right.... so then its me and him face to face... I waved at him to reverse he stuck his fingers up at me so...

i switched my engine off.

he pulled out when he shouldnt have - not my problem!

after about 5 mins sat there there were a few cars behind me who refused to budge so he eventually rerversed and as i went passt him he shouted "Blo*dy woman driver"...

He he he the guy behind stopped his car got out and started having a go at this van driver saying that if he had a brain to start out with he wouldnt have been in this situation!

The guy started effing and bliinding at him until the guy pulls out his police badge thing!!!

The guys face dropped!!!

he he he he!!! I do it for the sheer hell of it sometimes!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
But what's a 'panini'
its a sandwich - like a baton shaped bread they put fillings in and stick in a sandwich press...which toasts it and heats up the filling!

I had tuna cheese and BBQ sauce!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
its a sandwich - like a baton shaped bread they put fillings in and stick in a sandwich press...which toasts it and heats up the filling!

I had tuna cheese and BBQ sauce!
Sounds good...Thanks for explaining!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I currently have a small 3 door Rav4. I am selling that and getting a Toyota Hi-Lux double cab pick up. Anyone who doesn't like it, can lump it! I live in the wilds of Scotland - 15 miles to the nearest small shop and 25 to a supermarket. We live on a hill farm, so will be using the pick up for lugging round bales of straw, sheep and dog food. We have two small children and 11 dogs - so I personally think a large 4x4 is needed.

If I lived in an apartment in the centre of London then, no, I wouldn't need one!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
We have had that...cars coming at us refusing to budge over a little bit themselves, when they easily could [expecting that you should get all scratched up by the hedges - when if they moved over a little also no one would have too - pr*cks!]

We also had this woman in a little car who was coming down a dirt track along side the forest to our direction...When we met head to head she refused to reverse backwards to the 'layby' which was not far back for her at all and she just sat there when she could clearly see there was no layby close behind us and we had to reverse back for ages and ended back out on the actual road just so her awkward ass could carry on...If she did that on purpose then she needs to get a life with real problems in it!
I've had the same thing Mys. I sat there, picked up the newspaper, lit a fag and sat there reading my paper. After several torrents of abuse from this woman, she eventually reversed back, causing all the cars behind her to reverse too.

I drove past her, waved and smiled politely. I thought her head was going to explode she was so mad

Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i had a similar situation but witha white van driver!!

i was coming down a street where all the cars were double parked and a van pulls out and turns right.... so then its me and him face to face... I waved at him to reverse he stuck his fingers up at me so...

i switched my engine off.

he pulled out when he shouldnt have - not my problem!

after about 5 mins sat there there were a few cars behind me who refused to budge so he eventually rerversed and as i went passt him he shouted "Blo*dy woman driver"...

He he he the guy behind stopped his car got out and started having a go at this van driver saying that if he had a brain to start out with he wouldnt have been in this situation!

The guy started effing and bliinding at him until the guy pulls out his police badge thing!!!

The guys face dropped!!!

he he he he!!! I do it for the sheer hell of it sometimes!!
I would of loved to of seen that
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I currently have a small 3 door Rav4. I am selling that and getting a Toyota Hi-Lux double cab pick up. Anyone who doesn't like it, can lump it! I live in the wilds of Scotland - 15 miles to the nearest small shop and 25 to a supermarket. We live on a hill farm, so will be using the pick up for lugging round bales of straw, sheep and dog food. We have two small children and 11 dogs - so I personally think a large 4x4 is needed.

If I lived in an apartment in the centre of London then, no, I wouldn't need one!
totally totally agree, some people really do need them, my friend lives on a remote farm and wouldnt be able to get down her drive in anything small, she did try a micra and the exhaust got ripped off in the first week.

BUT

i hate the town snobs who have them to go to the supermarket or school run, look down their stuck up noses at us poor common people in our little cars, cant park them, cant drive them, cant drive through puddles in them in case they get wet, cant go over speed bumps at more than 5mph. spend all weekend polishing them even though they never see any mud. Hope the budget drives them off road
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by jenny tamworth View Post
totally totally agree, some people really do need them, my friend lives on a remote farm and wouldnt be able to get down her drive in anything small, she did try a micra and the exhaust got ripped off in the first week.

BUT

i hate the town snobs who have them to go to the supermarket or school run, look down their stuck up noses at us poor common people in our little cars, cant park them, cant drive them, cant drive through puddles in them in case they get wet, cant go over speed bumps at more than 5mph. spend all weekend polishing them even though they never see any mud. Hope the budget drives them off road
How does anyone know what other people use their car for I go to the supermarket in mine, so what. I can drive, I can park, I live in a city manage speed bumps at 30mph pay someone else to wash and polish it, have never looked down my nose at anyone and have every intention of keeping the vehicle of my choice. No the budget wont be driving me off the road, but oops seems next year it wont only be 4x4's that are squeezed, They're going to pick on everyone. At least the 4x4's are used to it I don't think it's going to be them doing the squealing. Sure they'll be hit the hardest, we accept that, jsut as we accept yoour right to drive the vehicle of choice and not snoop on you to see what you get upto in it.
jenny tamworth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
How does anyone know what other people use their car for I go to the supermarket in mine, so what. I can drive, I can park, I live in a city manage speed bumps at 30mph pay someone else to wash and polish it, have never looked down my nose at anyone and have every intention of keeping the vehicle of my choice. No the budget wont be driving me off the road, but oops seems next year it wont only be 4x4's that are squeezed, They're going to pick on everyone. At least the 4x4's are used to it I don't think it's going to be them doing the squealing. Sure they'll be hit the hardest, we accept that, jsut as we accept yoour right to drive the vehicle of choice and not snoop on you to see what you get upto in it.

i take it you did not see the tv programme that was shown last year about why people hate 4x4 drivers so much, it did show that 4x4 drivers couldnt drive,park or see out of the back window that there were about 10 children standing behind as the view out of the back is so bad
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2008, 11:35 AM
i take it you did not see the tv programme that was shown last year about why people hate 4x4 drivers so much, it did show that 4x4 drivers couldnt drive,park or see out of the back window that there were about 10 children standing behind as the view out of the back is so bad
Oh please, because it was on the tv it must be so They obviously only bothered to show those that were crap drivers, and obviously everyone who drives any other kind of vehicle is an absolute star behind the wheel, I think not
The view out of the back of my vehicle isn't brilliant or dire but as I have a camera fitted as standard for reversing my view is a damn sight better than in any other car I have ever driven. I could see a kid laying on the floor never mind standing behind, but hey no doubt I should still be forced off the road
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I can honestly say that I have a better view out of the back of my 4x4 than a lot of cars I have driven. I also have sensors at the back so unless the child was laying down behind me I would know the child was there. Also that was a stupid thing to bring up on that programme, how many people would not notice 10 children behind their car when they are getting into it. There are a lot more vans on the road that have less view behind than 4x4's, were they mentioned, no. It was just a programme getting at 4x4s.
Page 6 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »