View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-12-2012, 07:39 AM

Good morning all. Dogsey daily thread. (Christmas day)

Happy Christmas to all.
I hope this day finds you all well pets included.

I expect most of you have busy days today visiting family or family visiting. Have a wonderful day.

It is a quiet day here today as Mark, Tracey and Tracey's boys are over to her mum and dads for dinner then they will pick Joel up later and they are supposed to be coming here tomorrow but I am going to have to cancel.
I don't want them picking this awful bug up plus I am not well enough to do the dinner.
I will cook the pork and send the rest of the stuff and presents down with Gorden he will probably not stay but Michael may though.
Gorden and I are not eating much anyway so a big christmas dinner will be wasted on us at the moment.

Well guess what it is tipping it down with rain here and horribly dark. The rain must be bad today Dillon went out and quickly asked to come in again this morning.

I hope everybody got what they wanted for christmas and I hope you all have a wonderful day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Morning Lynn and all and Happy Christmas to you all,
Sorry you are still feeling unwell Lynn and I hope you soon improve. Quiet day here too, with nothing happening.
Kyiro is limping worse than ever and back to holding his foot off the ground when he stands. I wonder if its the bandage as it was a different vet put it on last time and his toes look quite squeezed together and if she hasn't padded them well enough they could be getting very sore. I am in two minds whether to take the bandage off till he goes back Tuesday. But if the problem is the pad itself then I could do more harm than good. Oh what to do for the best.
Stopped raining here and I got a dry walk with Lily although very soggy underfoot.
Hope you all have a lovely time and enjoy your day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning and Happy Christmas to you Lynn and everyone here on Dogsey

It doesn't feel much like Christmas looking out there, so I'm going to put my tree and sparkly lights on, that might do it! I've lit a candle on mum's box and Georgieboy's box just to let them know I'm missing them today, along with everyday of course.

So sorry you're suffering so badly there Lynn, this bug has really messed up your Christmas hasn't it, I remember mine 2 years ago with that terrible lurgy along with the bad ear, so hopefully, you can maybe make up for it over New Year.

I'm sure you're all very busy, either shoving in that big bird for all the family that will be descending on you before lunch, or you're off out visiting, the latter being preferrable We'll be off for a dog walk soon, might even have it all to ourselves if we leave it late enough, then I'll have a shower and do my hair, just in case I do pop in next door for a quick glass of wine with the neighbour. I got an e-mail last night from the lady who owned this house, telling me they'll be popping down this way this morning to visit the cemetary, and I think she's incling for an invite, which she won't be getting!!! That's the Christmas spirit H!!! Well, she did put me through hell and high water to get into this house, so now it's my turn to keep her out!

Whatever you do today, try not to drink toooooooo much cos you'll regret it tomorrow, and I speak from past experiences here, have a great time with all the family and giving the dogs their presents, oh don't they just love it chomping their way through all that christmas paper! Hopefully, we'll have some great pics later on today.

Enjoy your Christmas Day everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Merry Christmas all!

He's been, he's been and Rosie has a new invisible friend who has brought her four new toys which she is now squeaking in turn

Have a good 'un all xxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and all

Merry Christmas everyone!

We had christmas dinner last night, drank a bit too much too, quiet day today, going to pick up my cousin and cook him a christmas dinner later.

It's pouring here too, dogs went out and dashed in asap, all's quiet for the moment.

I am sorry you are still poorly Lynn, it's the pits. You can always have a second christmas day when you are better.

That's a dilemma Bev, I would be inclined to re-bandage if you think it's too tight, poor Kyiro. it's taking so long to heal.

Have a good day all!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all and Happy Christmas to you all,
Sorry you are still feeling unwell Lynn and I hope you soon improve. Quiet day here too, with nothing happening.
Kyiro is limping worse than ever and back to holding his foot off the ground when he stands. I wonder if its the bandage as it was a different vet put it on last time and his toes look quite squeezed together and if she hasn't padded them well enough they could be getting very sore. I am in two minds whether to take the bandage off till he goes back Tuesday. But if the problem is the pad itself then I could do more harm than good. Oh what to do for the best.
Stopped raining here and I got a dry walk with Lily although very soggy underfoot.
Hope you all have a lovely time and enjoy your day.
Morning Bev, sorry to hear about Kyro hobbling about like that this morning, I'd be inclined to take that off and re-do it all. If you haven't got any gamgee for padding, you can use a stack of those cotton wool pads maybe, and I'm sure you've got some vetwrap or can re-do the bandage that's on there? She might have done it with a lump or bump right where he doesn't want it in that padding??? Good luck, I'm sure he'd be more comfortable with you re-doing it all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Happy Christmas Lynn, Bev, Chris, Helena, Moet and all the Dogsey members ,

Lynn, I am so sorry you are still feeling so rough - (((hugs))) to you and you'll just have to go-with-the-flow until you and Gorden are over that ghastly bug .

Bev, So sorry about Kyiro limping so badly and obviously in pain. I too would unwind the bandage, possibly not remove the actual dressing unless you think there is a problem there too, but re-bandage as it sounds as though it is just too tight!!

Chris, I hope you have a lovely day, it certainly sonds as though Rosie will

Helena, Have a great day and enjoy your dog walk

Moetmum, Enjoy your day

It is tipping it down here again and the Thames and Bourne have risen hugely overnight. Thought me might get away with out flooding (not the house), but the Bourne burst its banks yesterday so I think we'll be moving all the cars as it must be worse now. Off to have a look shortly!

I apologise if I've missed anyone while I've been typing.

I'll drop in again later.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Merry christmas everyone HO HO HO,
Santa has been so hooch is one very happy boy, he opened his presents with great enthusiasm leaving only small pieces of paper in his wake.
Ken has now taken him for his run around in the park lets hope he avoids the puddles. (fat chance).
I hope santa has brought you all what you hoped for, be safe if your travelling and make sure your turkeys are cooked properly or they will come back to haunt you lol.
Here's hoping you and gordan are feeling better soon,
Poor kyrio bless him. best wishes and healing vibes for anyone else or thier doggies who arn't feeling good.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2012, 08:50 AM

Merry Christmas everyone.
So sorry you are feeling poorly Lynn, hope you can get a rest today.
Poor old Kyiro, you must be so worried

It's quite a nice day here, the sun is even starting to shine
I will be back later in between doing "stuff"!

Hey wheres Malka????
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2012, 08:52 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!

Lynn sorry to hear you are not well today, look after yourself.

Well the Turkey is in the oven, that`s that job done

Have a lovely one folks, be it with friends and family or a nice quiet one .xxxxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »