Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2005, 12:23 PM

budger

hi all have u missed me he he!

i am taking my boisterous little fella to training in september at the high cost of £60 but the trainer has trained dogs for charlie and the choclate factory and i have very good reports on him!

in the meantime i am trying my own bit of training and he is getting loads better!

the problem is he is 2 much like me OH! he he

love to you all
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 01:08 PM
welcome back ..
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2005, 01:09 PM
hi and welcome back
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-07-2005, 01:10 PM
£60!!!! Could you not find one cheaper? My neighbour in London goes to a kennel Club approved class and it's £1 a class. Also be very weary of people who tell you they train dgs for this that and the other! I would shop around.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Welcome Back Buster!

I think she means £60 for the entire training course which I think is normally 10 weeks? I think the common rate is £50 per course round here?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Finn's next course of classes cost £60 for an 8 week course and are worth every penny
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-07-2005, 02:09 PM
oh I see now The average price of classes where we are is £2 per class and I allways thought London was more expensive! I trained Dibley myelf though but I do like the idea of these Good citizen dog awards run by the kennel club as I think they train the owners well!

Good Luck Buster!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Our trainer was about £75, but she is absolutely brilliant - I can't rate her highly enough.

Her love of dogs (on the ground cuddling them!)
Her empathy
Her gentle approach
Her vast experience.

To top it all off, we missed most of our last obedience course because Loki developed some pink spots on his nose and we were advised by the vet to keep him out of the sun. Anyway that was ages ago - she has left a message today to ask after Loki and offer us a place on a new course as we missed so much.

She is brilliant. Loki loves her and I think she is worth every penny.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow classes are expensive in some parts! Jake did a kennel club approved class in London. It was £2 a class and run by this amazing old lady! She is like Barbaa woodhouse It only took Jake 18 weeks to pass his Bonze, Silver and Gold Good citizen dog scheme awards which I'm sure is all down to her. She is so kind to all the dogs Jake loves her! she's actually become a friend of mine now despite the fact she's in her late 70s.She keeps hassling me to become a dog trainer myself, looking at prices some of you guys pay for your classes I may just look into it!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Ooo Alana who'd you find after?