View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2008, 06:33 PM
This thread does show the north/south devide turned into a chasm. She did not represent the whole country as she was elected to do so. On this thread quite a few who support her are from the home counties and that imo is not a coincidence.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ramble;1435456]

Well let's just say it will be a VERY long time before this country sees another female PM. No party will elect a woman as it's head for a very long time. She didn't set a good example and with people like H saying how much she admired her because of the amoutn of testosterone she had...perhaps she isn't admired as being a woman.[/QUOTE]

It really wouldn't have bothered me had she been a man in woman's clothing quite honestly, it was what she did that impressed me most, how she stood up to all and everything, and the fact that she WAS (well, hopefully and not a tranny!)a woman just made it that much better for me, and that's probably why she was the only PM who made me think to myself "hey, she's got some guts and she knows what she's doing" which I can't remember any other PM having made such an impression on me!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Neither does labour! The South aren't the only ones to have suffered since THEY'VE come into power!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:38 PM
[quote=Helena54;1435470]
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post

Well let's just say it will be a VERY long time before this country sees another female PM. No party will elect a woman as it's head for a very long time. She didn't set a good example and with people like H saying how much she admired her because of the amoutn of testosterone she had...perhaps she isn't admired as being a woman.[/QUOTE]

It really wouldn't have bothered me had she been a man in woman's clothing quite honestly, it was what she did that impressed me most, how she stood up to all and everything, and the fact that she WAS (well, hopefully and not a tranny!)a woman just made it that much better for me, and that's probably why she was the only PM who made me think to myself "hey, she's got some guts and she knows what she's doing" which I can't remember any other PM having made such an impression on me!
Here here x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I suppose then ultimately it comes down to what you admire in a person. If you admire someone that was willing to walk all over millions of people,who thought they were the most important person in the world (and so got a shock when their own party turned on them), then I suppose she was a great role model.
Personally,she stands for everything I do NOT admire, people only being out for them seleves and making money. That doesn't interest me, I'm more concerned about emotional health and well being.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Eh? Nahhh, that's total and utter rubbish that last statement! She was out to help people who wanted to get on in life, and that didn't include c*apping on anyone, or walking all over anyone, or exploiting anyone, she just wanted to help those who wanted to help themselves, and I chose to live a more comfortable life in my old age, and I realised it meant working darn hard, being in debt up to the eyeballs to get through it all, have no holidays, no social life at certain periods, and that was my choice to do it, she just gave me the help and inspiration I needed, and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that. The fact that I didn't spend my life making sure the rest of the country was happy, contented, and emotionally happy is not a detriment to my character, and if it IS, then I'm certainly not alone! Life is for living, it's also for the taking, it's not a rehearsal, and as long as you don't intentionally hurt anyone as you graft your way through it, I can't possibly see a problem. Why are you constantly out to get me in this thread????!!! I can't help it that I live down South and had more opportunities than if I had lived up North can I???? I just took them when they were offered and I never hurt a soul, only my OWN health in doing so!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I am 23, I'm working full time, literally working my backside off so that I will have a career I can be proud of, and a comfortable lifestyle. My dad had 3 jobs when I was in school - to keep me there and to make sure my mum (who was of ill health) didn't have to work after she had her kidney transplant.

I admire those who are strong and go for what they want in life, not sit on their backsides all day and winge about having no money! I'm not exactly loaded, I'm about to go back to University as well as working full time, to better my life. I also do photography part time!

I'm from the South, but I live in Neath Port Talbot, one of the most labour infested parts of Wales - would I stand up for Maggie/Conservatives in a pub full of labour voting welshmen? HELL YES I WOULD!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Not out to get you at all H, you should know I wouldn't do that.
I just saw first hand the damage that woman did and the way the country went. The North South divide was very real in Thatcher's time.
I had friends beaten to a pulp by the police on peaceful anti poll tax demos (and no they weren't doing anything other than walking along in a peaceful manner...these people wouldn't even stand on a spider). I have had close family member's lives destroyed by her and her policies and I have seen the way she ensured whole areas economies were wiped out. I could go on at great length about the damage she did...I saw nothing good.
I asked the question earlier...what did she actually do that was positive for the WHOLE country???????
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Probably a lot more then Tony Blair could in his wildest dreams
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Probably a lot more then Tony Blair could in his wildest dreams
The thread isn't about Tony Blair.
What did Margaret Thatcher do that benefitted the whople country? I can think of plenty of things she did to damage entire areas and social groups but nothing she actively did that was positive for the whole country.
Page 25 of 33 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 > Last »