View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome Cassie - there was a thread on here a while ago with dogs that had been clipped and coloured into various different animals, camel, buffalo, lots of different ones - very clever i thought, maybe not to everyones taste but i guess this would be for competitions etc.

Magpye beat me to it - thats the pics i was thinking of ! -
Cassie Morr
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Cassie Morr
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Those are beautiful pics. All the creative styling talents out there are truly amazing!! I love doing it for our annual Canine Carnival too. Tillie gets pretty spoiled with all the attention from strangers and when she's not done all up wild, she starts to hang her head. She definitely notices when she's looking a little frumpy!! LOL

It's a fun thing for everybody. Kids love it and it lasts a lot longer than your ordinary bow. I agree about some of the clips though, Magpie and wouldn't want to do anything to my girl that I'd have to live with and it be an unattractive design, cause it can take a good while for the color to fade out and the only other real options are to clip down to the re-growth or to color them again.

I already love this place and appreciate the warm welcome!!

((((Hugs)))) Cassie Morr
weim1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I dyed mine green for paddys day with food coloring,she loved all the extra attention she got and it was good fun
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I've had a pink rottweiler

No kidding he had broken into the house and we had a basin with colored water in it and digger found it necessary to go and refresh himself in it. I can assure you that it is not funny walking around with a pink rottweiler
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm absolutely gob smacked
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I used to be against dressing up and colouring dogs and stuff
But a friend of mine dresses up her dog sometimes and he totaly loooves it - she snuck Ben off once at a party and put him in a Dracula outfit (twas haloween) Ben was proud as punch and loved all the fuss he was getting

so I guess if the dog is happy and it isnt hurting it or preventing natural behaviours then its OK

I mean some show dogs have hours of grooming before shows - so will they really be able to tell the difference, and I dont think some colours will make the other dogs pick on them more than some of the show haircuts

I dont have the time or the energy - I picked dogs that barly even need grooming
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:55 PM
As you can probably tell from my previous posts I am having fun looking for pictures at the moment.. Hey look.. Not Just poodles!!!

ETA:... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say.. If it doesn't hurt the dog, and it brings a smile.. Why not?
Cassie Morr
New Member!
Female 

16-06-2009, 12:38 AM

I loveeee that last one, Magpye!! You can tell she feels... pretty too.

Here are some more pics of my baby girl, Tillie and her brother, Earl, who we just adopted July of last year. She shocked us, since she's the alpha and he weighs almost twice as much as her, at 98lbs now. They're an odd couple, fur sure!! LOL

muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Love the first one, Tilly looking rather smug! I dyed a standard poodle puppy pink with food coloring once, which was fun and he loved all the extra attention he got, unfortunatly his owner didn't.

My boss dyes her pomeranian all the time. I have to say, I think it looks silly on him. Maybe if he was professionally done, but the home job is patchy and uneven and blech. Good think he doesn't know when he's blue.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >