Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IHeartDoggyz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2007, 04:21 PM

New Puppy..jealous Doggy..please Help..

I have a female yorkie terrier, she is just over one n half years old, I have just got our new puppy, an 8week old female staffie, honey my yorkie is very very jealous of her and snaps at her alot, i have tried very hard not to leave honey out, and have made a fuss of her aswell as tia our new pup. It is food, toys ect that make her snap but also me!! if they are near me honey will snap[ or if they sleeping n tia moves ect honey will snap at her.
Since we had honey from a baby she has always lived with our old staffie, they were good friends but honey was always the boss n snapped the odd time but not like this he was male.
We just have our 2girls now honey n tia, id really like any help/advice as we so want this to work out .
the pup will snapo back at her at times but i think she is mainly defending herself as the pup does not want or cause the fighting .
thankyou so much xxx
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I have just introduced my new Golden Retriever puppy, Tess to my Basset Hound, Harvey a few days ago and have found him to be growling and snapping at her, like you with toys and when the puppy makes a fuss of me - all jealousy but I have left them to it, as long as he doesn't hurt her, I think he just showing her he is top dog, and it has now calmed down a lot, she has stopped trying to take his food and bone and is showing him a bit of doggy manners now. He has even started playing with her. I'm sure someone on here can give you more authorative advice and I hope it all works out for the best.

Sarah
IHeartDoggyz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Thankyou all for advice..id love any more help advice as at the mo tia my staffie pup is smaller than my yorkie honey but not for long! so want to sort it asap..
[DOLLYKNOCKERS I HAVE SENT DOUGIEPIT A PM JUST AWAITING REPLY..THANKS]

Its not just around food/toys/or myself that makes honey snap at her, say they are both laying down n tia moves or touches honey ect then honey will snap, i can see alot is jealousy as around/near me it is worse..thanks x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Off topic posts deleted..
Please keep all relevant information to the thread .
Thank you.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Guys, sorry I have not gave any advice as yet, I have pm'd asking for more background, the problem with posting on the thread is
others will read it and use any advice given, but each dog and each situation is very diffrent, so each requires a diffrent way of dealing with it, should you have problems pm me and I will do my best to help, that said its difficult when I cant see the dogs in question, but I will try to offer some advice, shona x