Anistel

Dogsey Senior

Dogs owned: Dobermann
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #1

Having a bit of trouble, one year on!

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Dogsey Veteran

09-05-2006, 05:06 PM   #2

Re: Having a bit of trouble, one year on!

aww bless you having to say good bye is the hardest thing and you just cant accept theve gone there will always be things that remind you of him and this is the hardest bit cry all you want scream from the roof tops your baby has gone and you miss him with all your heart your heart will tell you when your ready to deal with his ashes but just remmber all the great years that you had together no one can take these precious memories from you hold them deep within your heart and when your down just remember he watching you and listening to you and feeling your pain but when your happy he will be happy

Dogsey Veteran

09-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #3

I'm so sorry to hear about Saxon. You will never forget him, but time will heal. I hope your OK, Hugs

Banned / Account Closed

Dogs owned: Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #4

It is only natural I really feel for you because loosing something as special as a dog is very traumatic sending you lots of hugs

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Bernese Mountain Dog.
09-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #5

It is hard it does get better I lost my Max 4yrs ago in May and I had a cry.
I have his ashes still. I bought a nice box and them and his toys and some photos are tucked away in there with him.I couldn't scatter him because this is not where we intend to stay,when we move to our fnal home I will then scatter him,but can't leave him behind.My Sister and Friends were a little surprised but thats how I feel and there is no shame in that.He will always have his own little corner in your heart,thats fine. (((Hugs)))

Dogsey Senior

09-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #6

Argh, hit the wrong button and lost my reply I hope it doesn't turn up as a new thread or tack on the end os someone elses

I just wanted to say thank you all for your kind words, it really has helped to read them.

I've decided not to keep trying to hold my crying in and let myself have a few tears in private when I feel the need rather than bottleing up and then breaking down in huge body shacking sobs because the photocopier broke down

I'm also going to make Saturday a really special day, I'm going to take the new boy out and enjoy him with the thought of Saxon with us. I'm also going to cook Saxon's (and mine) fav dinner and although husband thinks I'm batty he loved that dog as much as I did so it will be great to just be us together.

My over the top feelings did make me realise that those of you that have children are doing them a huge favour by having animals. I grew up in a very cold home with no animals and I have never ever lost someone or something I have loved and been loved by. I think as a result I am totally illequiped to cope! I genuinely find it difficult to grasp that Saxon is gone and nothing I can do will bring him back to me, I know it sounds silly but I even get moments of panic and feel that if only I did something I could make it all right again!!!
Anyhow finished blubbing for the moment and the OH is taking me out for dinner, he says it's the only way he can be sure he will get an unsodden meal

Thank you all again

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: CKCS
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #7

Thoughts are with you. Time is a wonderful healer.

Min xxx

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: B&T & Ruby CKCS
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #8

Arrr, I have just read your post and really can relate to how you are feeling as I too lost my boy 2 days before Xmas, I really thought my world had come to an end! I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't sleep, and to be honest lost the ability to cope with the simplest chores/tasks.

I too have another dog, exactly the same breed but a different colour, I have called him my old fella's name on numerous occassions and felt so bad. He is loved to death, totally different to my previous dog, but he was our first and he has a large chunk of my heart and always will.

We all cope differently, and show grief in different ways, you are sure to experience this each and every year, but the severity of pain will lighten and hopefully you will remember your dog with a smile.

Enjoy your meal this evening, and if you ever what to blubber, come blubber with me xxx

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Parson Russell Terrier
09-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #9

I too can relate to how you feel, if fact earlier this evening i was looking through some oldish photographs for something, there was quite a few of one of my old dogs Penny. She died 31/2 years ago but it still made me feel a bit strange looking at them, it made me feel as though she should still be here

I have another dog now, our hearts are big enough for every dog we have to have their own special place there Ive had quite a few dogs over the years, but there is plenty space left for more love

i hope you have a really lovely day on Saturday and remember you have your new pup as a tribute to Saxons memory, because of the strong bond and love you had with him.

sorry if thats a bit rambling, but i hope it makes sense.

Take care
xx

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Japanese Shiba Inu
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #10

The fact that you are still missing him so, just goes to show what a special relationship you had and what a special boy he was. Time WILL dull the pain, but the length it takes to do so varies greatly. Thinking of you at this very sad time. RIP Saxon. {{{Hugs}}} to you honey xx