View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2006, 08:21 PM

Dog Whisperer (Millan) Sued for Animal Abuse.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_124205702.html

I thought this guy didnt believe in using choke chains?

Im always a bit wary of what comes out in the press but this one will definately be one to watch. If this report is accurate, no fabrication....then what the h*ck did they do to this dog to cause such extensive injuries !!! Okay, there is the slight possibility that maybe the dog has a major bleeding/clotting disorder where a couple of bumps could start severe bleeding off but.....bleeding from the nose and mouth, bruising on the inside thighs and had to be fed through a tube for a few weeks.....I really hope this report is nothing more than a fabricated vendetta instigated by the 2 that are already suing Millan over the Dog Whisperer TV show (they had come up with the idea, he walked out on them, took their idea with him and went with another company).
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
He does use choke chains, we used to watch the programme on sky 1. Although i wouldn't have thought you would use one while the dog was on a treadmill. I hope it's not true.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 11:50 PM
That's absolutely disgusting - I would do the same to him and see how fast he can run The poor dog - some of these dog 'trainers' methods leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

05-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Cesars philosophy http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/dpc-philosophy.php
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Only saw the show a couple of times and yes he does use choke chains etc haven't read the link yet but I never thought he was abusive to the dogs he was training and he had a great deal of success with even the toughest cases. I don't use a choke chain but that's my personal choice alot of people still do use them. Hope the report is a distortion of the truth as he did appear to be very good with the dogs and his 'pack' had a lot of respect for him, that's for sure.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-05-2006, 07:51 AM
I would have thought cruelty goes against all his principles. His pack which was huge and made up of rescue dogs with previous aggressive behaviour problems had the utmost respect for him.
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf
Only saw the show a couple of times and yes he does use choke chains etc haven't read the link yet but I never thought he was abusive to the dogs he was training and he had a great deal of success with even the toughest cases..
I saw a couple of shows a few years back, more like as 'guest' on other peoples shows, I didnt see him using choke chains on them though, he invariably had his hands bandaged up by the end of the show though, other than that it was hearsay. I know quite a few people over there that are using his methods with great success.

By all accounts Millan wasnt at the centre when this dog was injured, my thinking is that hes fallen into the trap of greed, more publicity means more and more dogs means more and more trainers, the more trainers you have the less time you have to spend with each of them to make sure they are carrying out your methods to your standards. I know one trainer there, big name guy, 'trainer to the stars' and very expensive, his company got so big in the 90's that he had never even met half his trainers, they got the manual, were supervised by someone other than himself and as a result for the last 10 years he has an ogoing list of people that are suing him because either the dogs arent actually trained at the end of the programme or the training they received was so hard on them that they get back out into the real world with an owner that cant handle them because very little time was spent teaching the owner in the techniques used and the dog has started biting or attacking people. Its really sad because the guy himself is an excellent trainer.
I had a lot of respect for Millan and I really do hope that this is fabricated.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
They ran a whole series over here last year on sky 1, and I was watching it as I had a pup at the time. Certainly didn't think his methods were controversial and thought he was way more interested in the dogs welfare than anything else. I found Cesar to be very entertaining to be honest, he got his message across without being patronising and made the owners think about what they were doing and why. I was hoping for a second series soon, I think its being aired in the U.S now so hopefully it will be here soon.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Well for myself i've never heard of this bloke till now,so i carnt really comment ,but i will be watching with interest
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
I really hope it isn't true too. He seems like a decent guy who really cares about dogs.