Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 01:53 PM

Pee post (lawn saver) -thumbs up!

I bought a pee post from PAH earlier cause Vegas has slowly napalmed my lawn and i wanted to encourage him to go in one specific spot.

I followed the instructions of 'leave dog inside and hammer the spike into the ground until top only remains visible,then lead dog outside and show him where it is'.Vegas sniffed it then immediately lifted his leg and pee'd on it!

I wasnt holding my breath that it would actually work and will have to see if he continues to go in this place,but its a good start eitherway! For only £4.99 i was prepared to give it a try!

The yellow plastic post thingy is impregnated with pheromones to attract dogs to wee and it honestly stinks! I've had to scrub my hands with washing up liquid to get rid of the smell which i can only compare to stale urine in public toilets. :smt078
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Sounds good Steve - will have to get Rocky one!

I moved this to the training section too as it may be useful for some people searching this section
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi Steve,

I think I'll try one of those, my garden is brown with hints of green grass !!

I wonder if it will work with Mick, because he has only ever c-cked his leg about half a dozen times in 12 years, he always leans forward, whereas Benji always c-cks his.

I think though, as you say, for that price it's worth it.

Jill
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 02:30 PM
i tried the same with bruno last year - he decide to dig up the pee post and chew it instead - he also pees wherever he likes !"!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Im not joking here,but you really wanna consider wearing a pair of gloves when handling the thing and pick a corner of the garden with not much in the way of smelly plants like Lavender etc so they wont detract their attention from the post.

Dont know how long the smell lasts in the plastic,but if it works-it'll save me buying boxes of grass seed to repair lawn!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Maybe you can buy spray once the smell goes to reapply

Sounds like a good idea, keep us updated Steve to wether Vegas keeps on using it or if his first try was just a lucky squirt
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 03:01 PM
That sounds great Steve, I will get Benji one if it works because we have all brown patches on the grass where he goes.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 03:24 PM
The problem I have is at this time of year, when the snow has (at least temporarily) melted, and the ground is soft and wet. The TZBCs go out for a poo and, being male, have to "scrat" the ground afterwards ("scenting"?). The result is worse than a teeful of bad golfers - a sea of mud with the odd scrap of green stuff. At the moment, the leftover sandbags (from our run-in with the snow-melt flooding, posted the other week) are taking the brunt of the BC-induced flooding! I have come to regard re-seeding of the lawn as a regular annual task, along with sitting in the porch with a badly-aimed airgun to scare off the sparrows!

Oh! a Tip! Dead CDs are quite good for scaring birds off seeds - tie them to a bamboo cane with room to spin - the flashes of reflected sunlight will keep most of the feathered pirates away, without harm.

Snorri
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
My pee post doesnt seem to be working. I think it works better on dogs than bitches.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Maybe you can buy spray once the smell goes to reapply

:
"Essence of Wee"! Perhaps a new product idea for Christian Dior??

Or, to make it sound more classy, "Essence of Oui"

Snorri
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >