Or Register for FREE!

Anistel

Dogsey Veteran

07-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #1

The things dogs do to get your attention

Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Supervisor

Dogs owned: boxer
07-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #2

Re: The things dogs do to get your attention

Star brings her toys to you and waits patiently for you to play Finn just jumps up and licks your face I suppose its one way to get noticed.

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Terrier & 2 Rough Collie.
Luke is Male
07-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #3

Polly grunts, well she grunts all the time as shes a bit of a barrell waste, but when she wants your attention she grunts and nuzzles you.
Florrie wants your attention, she tinds to climb up and lick you regardless of what you are doing

Banned / Account Closed

07-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #4

If you are eating something and Benji is sat at your side (which he usually is when food is around ) and he thinks that you haven't noticed him or are ignoring him, he pushes his nose quickly and firmly into you leg just as a little reminder that he would like to share It hurts sometimes too because he does it really hard

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
07-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #5

what does he not do ??

He comes into my office and batters my legs under the desk with his tug toy

he will bring his half chewed bone out of hiding and do a little dance around it which is very amusing !

He will just stand outside my office and whine loudly

If he wants what you are eating he does the Darth ( breathes heavily like Darth Vader ) so you cannot possibly ignore him.

If you are on the sofa and he wants attention he will come up and sit on the arm of the sofa and sit in front of the telly

He will just come up and shove his big heavy head in my lap or into my leg

But his best and most frequently used is.......
He comes into my office silently, breaks wind(silently) and then leaves - leaving me with the aroma ................he mostly does this when I am on the phone to a client, so I cant even escape the office !!!!

dani

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Wire Fox Terrier, JRT
07-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #6

When I am sitting at the computer Archie comes and just touches my leg with his nose... that means "pick me up for a cuddle" or he brings me a toy and growls which means "play with me!"

Ziggy will just come up to you and wag not just his tail but his entire bum. If at all possible he will lick you face, but if he can't quite reach he usually jumps and ends up biting your nose in an attempt to hang on

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Terrier & 2 Rough Collie.
Luke is Male
07-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooee
When I am sitting at the computer Archie comes and just touches my leg with his nose... that means "pick me up for a cuddle" or he brings me a toy and growls which means "play with me!"

Ziggy will just come up to you and wag not just his tail but his entire bum. If at all possible he will lick you face, but if he can't quite reach he usually jumps and ends up biting your nose in an attempt to hang on
Ahhhhhhh the dear bum wiggle, one of the most endearing things a JRT does i think

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Utonagan
07-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #8

Brings me toys and nudges them against my leg or drops them in my lap.
Paws at me, licks me or pulls at my sleeve when I'm on the computer.
Sits and goes into down position with a high pitched bark, ears alert.
Whines plaintively and gives me the big-eyed look.
Pants and grins while staring at me.
Just jumps on me and tries to get on my lap .

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Bitsa & GSP
07-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #9

Bodhi has not learnt subtlety yet.

She will come and plonk next to you and wriggle and snuffle. One paw goes up, then the other, then the back feet start trying to get up, and next thing you know she's on your knee... And she's not lap sized anymore!!

If you are sat on the floor, she will just plonk next to you (she doesn't sit - plonks all the way), and leans on you.

She has learnt the Brundog method of attention seeking too - silent but violent springs to mind

Dogsey Veteran

Dogs owned: Rottweiler & Bulldog
07-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #10

Murphy will wait until my back is turned and I'm doing something in the kitchen then he will sneak up behind me and give a very loud 'Woof' and make me jump out of my skin but when I look at him he's smiling at me and doing the typical rottie bum wiggle lol.

He will also stand infront of the dog treat box and woof at it, as if to say, can I have one please - he doesn't do this often though as he knows he's not really allowed them (we use them mainly for vets visits, training etc).