View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 10:17 PM

Should I let my dogs sleep together in the same bed?

My 3 dogs each have their own beds, but they never use their own and they always all squash up together in Charlie's bed. This was fine but now Maddy is gettin bigger there isn't much room for them all in there, although they are insisting on sleeping together!

I was thinking about buying a larger bed for them all to sleep in together, but if I did this I would have to get rid of the other 2 (unused!) baskets otherwise i'd have dog beds all over my kitchen!

I'm undecided yet as if I did, they wouldn't have 'their own' individual space, not that they use it now
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 10:27 PM
i bought mine there own beds but they always sleep together two fattys in one big bed i put them down with there own bedding in and what ever one gets in whos bed the other gets in as well
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
i bought mine there own beds but they always sleep together two fattys in one big bed i put them down with there own bedding in and what ever one gets in whos bed the other gets in as well
lol, mine take the quilts out of their beds and pile everything in the one bed!

Charlie just HAS to have his blanket with him wherever he goes or he wont sleep well! When I got him he was quite timid and always thought he was going to be hit, and he had a blanket then which I was told he wouldn't sleep without, but he kept hiding it! So I bought him a new one and he took to it straight away, he'd bring it on the sofa with him, he'd bring it upstairs with him, everywhere he went, the blanket came too!

I'm not sure if his old one reminded him of his old home, but he didn't want to sleep on it one little bit when he came here! I'm sure I saw him laughing when I threw it out

He's much better now but he will fidget like crazy at night if he doesn't have his special blanket!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Random if they don't use there own beds ever there seems little point in having them, a big bed seems a good idea
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Random,
My lot love to curl up together at night too (puppy excluded), we ended up throwing the beds and putting down a big (king size!) duvet at night for them to sleep on together. They love it! No point in the beds taking up room if they don't use them!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I reckon a big bed will be perfect for them
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Recently bought new beds for mine and bought a large one in the hope that they would share, but they did not so I got an extra large and again when it first came one dog would get into the middle and the other slept on the floor.

However now the beds have become a bit less puffed up they are sharing and I normally fine 3 boys on or and the bitch on the other, talk about separate sex sleeping arrangements.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanx everyone, now all I have to do is find a bed big enuff for the 3 of them!