Female 

02-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I use Oster golden A5 clippers, cant fault them
Dawn.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:47 PM
My first set were Andis, then I bought Oster......and I hate them! I keep going back to my Andis one's, much better (just my opinion though)
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Think its just what you get used to that suits you best, we use Andis and i like them, haven,t had a problem using them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I used Andis and couldnt get on with them at all, its what you get used to as you say, Oster for me every time.
Dawn.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 11:21 AM
which model are best?
cheryla
Dogsey Junior

03-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi,

I work in a busy grooming parlour, where we also teach grooming. we have tried all makes over the years (the owner is very friendly with well known grooming suppliers so we are always sent new models etc to try) and we have found that the Andis are best for us. I also think its what you get used to, but we have found that the andis dont seem to overheat as much (our students when they first start can be a little slower so we need the clippers to stay on for longer without going pop!). and also, although not recommended, they seem to bounce better if acidently dropped!!
they also seem a little quieter then other makes.

We use the andis AGC 2 speed, but I also have a pair of single speed which I find ok too (2 speed is benifcial for very matted strip offs!)

Cheryl
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
thanks for that ........didn't realise how expensive they were.....gotta save some pennies up now LOL
Tabatha
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Cheryla - I was reading your post and you say that you use the Andis AGC 2 speed. I currently have the oster golden but find that they get incredibly hot very quickly. I haven't tried any other brand aside from my oster but would like to give the Andis a try but since they are quite expensive I just feel a bit insecure just in case; how do you rate them in comparison to the oster?
Tabatha
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2006, 08:49 AM
I currently own the Oster Golden 2 speed but find that they get hot far too quickly and can't seem to do anymore than 2 dogs; often times it's hard to complete one dog...I was hoping that those of you who are either professional groomers or clip your own dogs could advise me as to the best pair of clippers that one can buy; I am tempted to get the Andis AGC clippers as there are claims that they don't overheat but am not sure as to wether that is true; I would really appreciate your advice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >