register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hazza
New Member!
Hazza is offline  
Location: Suffolk
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Female 
 
07-03-2018, 11:28 AM

New Puppy

Hi All,

In a few weeks, we will be bringing our long awaited new family member home. Just want to make sure we have got everything that we will need.... and whether there is anything else we have forgotten.

So far, we have:
Crate
Bed
Bedding
Bowls
Durable toys
Lead
Collar

Am looking at insurance, just researching the right policy but this will be purchased prior to bring him home.

Is there anything else we are missing, in our excitement?
Reply With Quote
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Trouble is offline  
Location: Romford, uk
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,242
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
07-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Food? Do you know what the breeder is feeding?
Reply With Quote
Hazza
New Member!
Hazza is offline  
Location: Suffolk
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Female 
 
07-03-2018, 01:17 PM
We will be getting a bag of the food he is on at the moment when we bring him home, and will obviously keep him on that.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,788
Male 
 
07-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hazza View Post
Hi All,

In a few weeks, we will be bringing our long awaited new family member home. Just want to make sure we have got everything that we will need.... and whether there is anything else we have forgotten.

So far, we have:
Crate
Bed
Bedding
Bowls
Durable toys
Lead
Collar

Am looking at insurance, just researching the right policy but this will be purchased prior to bring him home.

Is there anything else we are missing, in our excitement?
FWIW we have found Kong toys to be the most durable. Not cheap but they have outlasted everything else. If you get soft toys you may want to check if the stuffing has been treated, for example, with a flame retardant, that could be harmful to your pet when they rip it open - and they will..........
Reply With Quote
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Trouble is offline  
Location: Romford, uk
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,242
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
I don't know what breed it is but you might want a harness.
Reply With Quote
dogster
New Member!
dogster is offline  
Location: Alaska, USA
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 10
Male 
 
08-03-2018, 05:59 AM
I think you're all set! But yeah, a harness is always useful.
Reply With Quote
Hazza
New Member!
Hazza is offline  
Location: Suffolk
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Female 
 
08-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
FWIW we have found Kong toys to be the most durable. Not cheap but they have outlasted everything else. If you get soft toys you may want to check if the stuffing has been treated, for example, with a flame retardant, that could be harmful to your pet when they rip it open - and they will..........
Kong toy has been bought

Registered with the vet yesterday, so hopefully we are all set now. Two weeks cannot come quick enough now!

He is a labrador

Thanks for the replies x
Reply With Quote
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Chris is offline  
Location: Lincolnshire
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,880
Female 
 
13-03-2018, 03:43 PM
You have everything just about covered.

You might want to go to a few local puppy groups to see what they are like and if they are of interest to you. A good puppy group that has a maximum of 6 pups per group and where the trainer controls the interactions is great for socialisation purposes and gets you started on the training front. Look for ones that use positive methods with no physical punishments
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,734
Female 
 
14-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Be careful with kongs as the jaw can get stuck in the hole if it isn't the right size kong.
Reply With Quote
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Bulldogs4Life is offline  
Location: Pittsville, USA
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 252
Female 
 
14-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Be careful with kongs as the jaw can get stuck in the hole if it isn't the right size kong.
They can also cause blockage if the dog ingest a larger piece after chewing on them.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Pedigree Complete Puppy Food really give my puppy bad wind? Kimbo84 Dog Health 28 22-06-2013 06:13 PM
Off topic posts from puppy gone off food/teething puppy thread Labman General Dog Chat 29 13-06-2010 09:16 AM
Eukanuba Puppy & Junior Small Breed Puppy Food 7.5Kg whippet lady Your Adverts 0 25-04-2009 04:38 PM
Photo Bernese Mountain Dog puppy Pictures picked our puppy today Lynn General Dog Chat 37 24-07-2006 02:45 PM
Photo Pictures of Benji puppy and Toby puppy (Bichon Frise) Foxy General Dog Chat 11 20-09-2005 02:32 PM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top