Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mayamoo
New Member!
Female 

12-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Training ideas for sniffers?

Hi everyone,

I've just adopted a rescue Boxer/Bloodhound mix. She is 4 and generally a good sweet girl despite being practically untrained. She has a lot of energy and pulls constantly on the lead so I'm obviously starting with the basics and cannot trust her off the lead yet. In the house she's a boxer but when on walks she is in full nose-to-the-ground-bloodhound mode and it's quite difficult to get her to engage. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could incorporate her 'sniffer' instinct into her training. Maybe in the form of a game? I'm thinking if I can put in place some kind of structure around this behaviour it might be easier when I come to recall training. What do you think?

Rebecca