Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarahdara82
New Member!
Female 

12-11-2017, 04:54 AM

Dog won't lie down after surgery

My 10 year old Bichon-Poodle had foreign body removal surgery 72 hours ago, and even with meds he seems really uncomfortable and out of sorts. He came home last night, and spent most of the night lying down (not sure how much he actually slept). Today is a different story--he just sits hunched over looking uncomfortable. He lay down for a few hours this afternoon, but the last four hours or so he isn't having it. He is eating and drinking and his incision looks fine, so I'm sure his tummy is just bothering him but I just feel so sorry for him that I can't relax either.

He hadn't yelped or cried at all until a few hours ago when someone came to the door. He started to bark and then started crying, because I'm sure barking hurt his stomach. I think that incident might have made his soreness worse, because he's whined a couple of times since then. He is on Tramadol and we also gave him some Trazadone to help him relax and hopefully sleep but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. We gave him the maximum dose for his size. Any advice? Should I just give it some time?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Just time and if really worried phone your vet and ask about what to do. They should see him soon anyway for a check up. Try to keep him calm if you can and comfortable on a soft bed. Is he going to the toilet ok?
Hope he recovers soon.