Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patsquatch
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2017, 09:49 PM

Lost appetite

1 year old goldendoodle seems to have lost her appetite. She has never been the dog that runs to the food when I put it out, rather she has always just patiently waited then sauntered on over to the food.
She stopped eating it all in one go like she used to, not a big deal as it was always gone by the next feeding. Then she stopped eating it all and sometimes doesn't even touch the food.
She's been to the vet and they didn't find anything physically wrong with her other than an ear/yeast infection. Shes now on medicine for that. Question is, do you think the loss in appetite is just because she's feeling a little under the weather with the ear infection, or something else like her being picky?
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated! Oh ya, we feed her Pro-Pac Ultimates Lamb food.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Is this a kibble? It sounds as if she is bored with it. You could try a different brand, but how about dressing it up with a little meat - some cooked minced beef, or just one of those tray meats which come in half a dozen different flavours.
Patsquatch
New Member!
Male 

18-08-2017, 03:28 PM
I have thrown some ham on there and she'll eat it all. I agree I think she was board and also her ears were bothering her.