Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Repairing sons outside door frame yesterday

My son wanted me/us to go to his flat in Brighton to remove rot on a door frame and he has already bought the sill

His photos not mine

as they were before

So I got to work cutting out the rot, about two and a half inches, and blocking with hard wood. Neat little trick I have a small travelling mirror and used that to see that, looking under and upwards, I had cut back far enough to the remaining good wood on the frame

.Also added wood strip to stop rain getting under door.
He still has to refit the door rain deflector onto the door itself. The frame was shaped so had to also shape the blocks to match.

the result still needs top coat of paint

Also re rendered a small bit of wall that the old rendering had come off ( seen on the left of that door)

forgot to marry up (sanding down) old with new in the right frame just shows up on the outside face

He seemed happy with the result, just also got to fit inside part of sill but he can do that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Good ol' Dad always there to help out Looks like a good job.