Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2017, 08:52 PM

Honda Civic 2016 year

Sue's car

What a game changing the clock in the headup display. Nothing about how to in the handbook but I did join a Honda Civic forum some time ago and someone else had found out to do it. Not straight foreward via the sat nav system , you have to scroll through quite a few actions to get to the page with the right section on it. A real headache.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Sue's car

What a game changing the clock in the headup display. Nothing about how to in the handbook but I did join a Honda Civic forum some time ago and someone else had found out to do it. Not straight foreward via the sat nav system , you have to scroll through quite a few actions to get to the page with the right section on it. A real headache.
I also have a Honda. The clock is synced to the atomic clock and updates for daylight hours clock changes. Accurate to within a second according to the pips.

I did have a bit of a game with the Satnav the other day.
North up or direction up. I'm travelling south on the M1 and the arrow is pointing towards the bottom of the screen. No, I want it pointing the direction I'm goin in.

The fix was very simple when I found it - just two button presses....hit the main button and select an option. But knowing which.....
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2017, 04:52 PM
this is how i found out how to do it from the Honda Civic forum

Quote from member

I was puzzled why the clock was wrong after last night's time change so went to try to adjust it ,I tried to click on clock and the menus and even in android settings under time I won't let you change it but found out how to do it by going into headunit settings and changed it there found this just by luck. Here what I did . I'm on windows style main page of the headunit so can't tell if it the same on standard skin . Press home button then scroll to the right one page to the page that's got settings honda app store and task manager on then select settings then you will see headunit settings then click info then it should show clock settings then turn daylight savings to off and it will set time on headunit and iMid time to correct time for winter time here you can also change clock type and if it's shown on headunit and if it's in 24 hour clock time zone etc and some different phone setup system opions even some more opions for bluetooth and wifi I had not seen before check it out there a few interesting opions that maybe in normal setup menu but I can't rember some . Hope this helps someone . Sorry it's all ready been posted or you know maybe just me lol .

Unquote

So it all depends on which Sat Nav installed

Sue's Honda Civic was the basic diesel 1.6 ltr model but being a demo model my guess is the Sat Nav was an extra as the next model up also has fog lights which Sue's doesn't have.

Setting the clock on the sat nav no problem, it was then getting the headup display to do the same, and the quote above showed us how was the only way to do it.

Besoeker you don't say year and model of your Honda so may have altered on Sue's
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Besoeker you don't say year and model of your Honda so may have altered on Sue's
It's a 2012 model.