Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dax!
New Member!
Male 

16-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Hello from Chicago

Hello,

I am new to the site and came here to find a good and active pet community. I am from Chicago, Illinois, USA. My puppy Dax is a purebred German Shepherd Dog and is 11 months old (born May 2nd, 2016).

Just wanted to say hello!

I did make another post in the health section about his recent surgery here
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3285.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5523  
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dax! View Post
Hello,

I am new to the site and came here to find a good and active pet community. I am from Chicago, Illinois, USA. My puppy Dax is a purebred German Shepherd Dog and is 11 months old (born May 2nd, 2016).

Just wanted to say hello!

I did make another post in the health section about his recent surgery here
Hello from me.........
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Hi and welcome.

It is strange that if you have a dog and taking for a walk how many people stop and chat, but if by yourself they just walk by. Friendship though dogs can last for years if not a life time. My wife and I are still in touch with not only the breeder of our first dog in 1973 but with same litter owners.
Dogs often get a bad reputation and little acknowledgement of the companionship they give.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Hi and welcome.

It is strange that if you have a dog and taking for a walk how many people stop and chat, but if by yourself they just walk by. Friendship though dogs can last for years if not a life time. My wife and I are still in touch with not only the breeder of our first dog in 1973 but with same litter owners.
Dogs often get a bad reputation and little acknowledgement of the companionship they give.
I agree. I suppose there are a few factors. I've mentioned this before either here or elsewhere - the dogs break the ice with other dogs and owners. It's common ground. And, if you regularly take the same routes, you regularly meet the same dogs and walkers.

And the companionship..............
Now and again we have to leave the dog at home. He accepts and waits. The welcome when you get back is something you just couldn't buy...........
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey