register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laurel
New Member!
Laurel is offline  
Location: Cornwall UK
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Female 
 
21-02-2017, 12:38 PM

Dog backpack/saddlebag recommendations

I am looking for a small, lightweight dog backpack for a medium size dog (small-ish collie cross). It is only to carry her poo bags (and hopefully her bagged poo when necessary) whilst out running.

I am hoping that a CaniX runner or similar will be able to help?

She will only be wearing it for a couple of hours max so doesn't need a lot of capacity. It does need to be lightweight, breathable and fairly snug so the contents of the pockets don't bounce around whilst running.

Most of the ones I have found online seem much too roomy for our needs and are designed more with all-day hiking in mind.

She has quite a deep 'barrel' chest if that makes any difference?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Senior
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 920
Male 
 
21-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
I am looking for a small, lightweight dog backpack for a medium size dog (small-ish collie cross). It is only to carry her poo bags (and hopefully her bagged poo when necessary) whilst out running.

I am hoping that a CaniX runner or similar will be able to help?

She will only be wearing it for a couple of hours max so doesn't need a lot of capacity. It does need to be lightweight, breathable and fairly snug so the contents of the pockets don't bounce around whilst running.

Most of the ones I have found online seem much too roomy for our needs and are designed more with all-day hiking in mind.

She has quite a deep 'barrel' chest if that makes any difference?

Many thanks!
Interesting idea so thanks for that.
Max, our dog, could manage that I think.
I end up with poo bags in one pocket, treats in another, some cash in another, my pedometer in another, tissues in another..........and his lead slung round my neck.

It's like kitting up for a survival expidition...........
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,341
Female 
 
22-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Can't you wear a bumbug. More comfortable for the dog.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Senior
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 920
Male 
 
22-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Can't you wear a bumbug. More comfortable for the dog.
I don't much care for bugs............
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,341
Female 
 
23-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Sorry bumbags. Don't like that word either. bumbug sounds better tho'.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Senior
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 920
Male 
 
23-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sorry bumbags. Don't like that word either. bumbug sounds better tho'.
Well, I knew what you meant - I just couldn't resist........

I carry a camera bag with me. With the camera and a few lenses that's enough to cart around I think.

The expedition inventory.

Left hand coat pocket: treats - actually regular dry dog food pieces which work just fine.

Right hand pocket: tissues.

Right hand upper pocket: Loose change.

Inside pocket: Some cash (the folding kind).

Pocket on sleeve: Wet wipes.

Jeans right hand: Pedometer

Jeans left hand: Free!

Hip pocket: Poo bags.

Slung round neck: Lead.

Also slung round neck: Camera bag.

And the bluddy dog gets off scot free!!
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,341
Female 
 
23-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Hm no keys?
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Senior
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 920
Male 
 
23-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Hm no keys?
Not usually. Nor a mobile phone for that matter.
If someone decides to mug me they won't much of value.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker
Dogsey Senior
Besoeker is offline  
Location: Dunstable UK
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 920
Male 
 
23-02-2017, 08:43 PM
And apart from that, they'd have a 30kg+ hairy beast to consider.
Reply With Quote
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
brenda1 is offline  
Location: Lancing West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3,341
Female 
 
24-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Is that you or the dog? Sorry couldn't resist. by!! Have a good wander.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Human Backpack for small dogs. Parkers General Dog Chat 22 01-11-2012 02:40 PM
Does your dog use a doggy backpack on walks/hikes?! pghboxer22 General Dog Chat 10 18-08-2012 12:54 PM
Photo F.A.O Malady (Boxer in backpack) zoeybeau1 General Dog Chat 11 18-04-2008 08:09 PM
Recommendations for a Vet pravesh General Dog Chat 2 26-12-2006 04:59 PM
Backpack Joe Your Adverts 3 17-07-2004 11:22 PM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top