Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ShepherdK9
New Member!
Female 

18-01-2017, 05:25 PM

My dog is always stressed

I have a small 15 pound terrier mix named scooter. I adopted him when he was about 10 months old. He recently turned 7 years old.

He is very attached to me, and has always been nervous. When we first got him he hated being touched on the head, and didn't like men at all. He has gotten much better in that aspect...however, one thing has never changed. He is pretty much always stressed and worried about something.

He shakes a lot, he looks worried all the time, he does displacement behaviors, and is super possessive of me. He is usually pretty happy when it is just me and him in the bedroom, and he love to be cuddled and petted, but whenever we are out with the rest of the family, his is worried and stressed.

He enjoys it when i train him (we do 2-5 sessions a day) and he loves food time and bed time. Sometimes he will enjoy a good round of play.

So, my question is, what can i do to help him he more comfortable and not stressed? I want him to have a good quality of life, not a sad one. Any tips or advice much appreciated.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2017, 05:57 AM
I expect they both like the close interaction. Most dogs do especially if they are attached to you. Mine certainly does and he is eleven years old. Playing with toys is a kind of training in a round about way. So keep doing it I say. Sheperdk9.
ShepherdK9
New Member!
Female 

20-01-2017, 04:58 PM
brenda1

Thanks for the reply! I will keeping doing what i'm doing...hopefully he will chill some.