Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 05:28 PM

My Foster Galga

Hi Everybody,

My last post here was very sad as it was letting folks know my beloved lurcher Tom passed over Rainbow Bridge and whilst I am still really struggling with that I thought I would let you know that I have a foster houndy at the moment. She is a 2 year old Galga who arrived in a sorry state but 2 months on is looking great, She gets on really well with Bella and is a lovely , smart and really friendly girl. The first pic is the day she arrived and from the other 2 you can see how she is now. She had a postive test for a Med disease called Lieshmanosis but the great news is after giving her 60 jabs over a month and 6 pills a day her blood results came back negative yesterday. Its not a guaranteed cure and she will need to checked out by the vet but great news . She is a real lively 2 year old who is coming on a treat , she is smart and now sits for treats and her recall is 90 % . Bella is really enjoying having company as she has always had the company of Tom and really struggled being on her own. Hope all you guys and you lovely doggies are well
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	isla first pic.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	5209   Click image for larger version

Name:	bella isal helen collars.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	5210   Click image for larger version

Name:	bella isla chews.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	5211  
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 05:36 PM
The poor girl, she looks so scared and vulnerable, what a difference a decent home and good food makes. Lots of hugs to her You've done a wonderful thing and changed one dogs whole world
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
The poor girl, she looks so scared and vulnerable, what a difference a decent home and good food makes. Lots of hugs to her You've done a wonderful thing and changed one dogs whole world
Thank you , she is a lovely houndy girl , so friendly and yes she was in a sorry state but you get back so much for so little
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 05:51 PM
She is lovely and landed on her paws.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Wow!

Poor lass looked to be in such a sorry state before all your tender loving care. How lovely to see how far she has come with you.

Will she be staying do you think?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Thank you she is a really sweet freindly girl
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wow!

Poor lass looked to be in such a sorry state before all your tender loving care. How lovely to see how far she has come with you.

Will she be staying do you think?
She is looking good now , its such a difficult decsion , fostering is so rewarding but if I keep her I cant foster any more , but Bella and her get on so well , it will be hard to let her go.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Yes she looks so lonely and scared in that first photo, you've done wonders and as June said you've given one dog the chance to be a dog and enjoy the company of other dogs and to live in a happy secure environment. Well done.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2016, 07:13 AM
She looks so sad and frightened in the first picture and you have don wonders with her. She look wonderful. I can see her being a "failed" foster especially as Bella likes her
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2016, 04:18 PM
What a brilliant job you have done with her. She is lovely. It must be so hard to let her go - especially when she gets on so well with Bella.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >