Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Some agility photos of my dogs

I've been SO freaking lazy and haven't bothered getting the jumps and tunnel out to work with Ben in our backyard. Which is really ridiculous because I wanted a backyard so that (a) I could adopt another dog and (b) so I could train back there. I think I just didn't bother after last summer's nightmare training with Ben. He had no impulse control when we got him and was super stressed and I jumped into agility way too soon with him (mostly because a class was starting THEN and I was worried that there wouldn't be another one in a long time). So he was really bitey and I have a few scars from where he leapt up for toys and got ME instead.

So I finally did it and MAN he picks up this stuff fast! We did just a basic jump grid (two jumps, the first one set low to teach him a proper stride and where to jump and the second one set higher), so it wasn't super complicated. But I need to start working on getting him up to his proper jump height so that was where we started.

Well, my husband thought he was having so much fun that he ran outside with his camera and got some photos of him playing.

This is going over the striding jump.

This was 16 inches, I think.

And these are 20 inches, which is what I think his proper jump height will be.

There was a tunnel of course too!

And jumps after tunnels.

And then there was Dahlia! Dahlia and I used to do agility. She was my best girl, slow and steady but she did it. As some of you know, she got struck down with vestibular disease. She's basically recovered but she's still just a little bit more wobbly than before (mostly if she loses her balance, she has a hard time recovering). So I thought what the heck? Run her through a tunnel and let her do a low jump. She DOES leap over things at home so I figured she'd be ok. And she was!

tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2016, 12:35 AM
I see you have the deckchairs ready in the background in the last photo for your dog to have a rest on. nice touch that and so thoughtful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Lovely photos.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Great photos they look like they are having great fun
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Haha yes the deck chairs are all ready! Though truth be told, Ben would prefer peeing on them to laying in them. lol
PetsAreFamily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Great pics!! Looks like lots of fun!
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Wow good job doggy You look great I'm so happy for your parents keep up the good work.
DizzyGinger
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2016, 02:30 AM
These warm my heart. They look so sweet and happy! <3
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
I see you have the deckchairs ready in the background in the last photo for your dog to have a rest on. nice touch that and so thoughtful.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Stunning dogs, clearly so happy doing what they are doing! Ben
is positively BEAMING!!

A lovely, lovely story with a happy ending - sometimes it is so hard to do the best for our dogs. With hindsight he wasn't ready before, but how were you to know? Dogs don't talk. No harm done - you weren't forcing him to jump through hoops of fire at the end of the day!!

Would love to see more piccies!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >