Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
npunzo55
New Member!
Female 

01-05-2016, 06:03 AM

5 year old maltese biting

I've noticed my maltese only bites certain people and especially women. he will act interested in them want to be pet, and then bite. most recently he attacked a friend, being interested and giving her his toy, then watching her with wide eyes after smelling her. he then began pulling on her jeans, and then after i yelled, he went back to staring. She got on the floor to assist my niece in cleaning up, and he went to bite her legs 3 times. He has done this to a few people, but it often happens when my mother is away, could it be anxiety and agression? This is my first dog and he's good otherwise, however hard to control because I'm disabled. Does anyone know why he does this? Mostly to her or to people on the street?
GC Reagan
New Member!
Male 

02-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Hi

Does that mean that your mother mostly took care of the maltese for the past 5 years?

I would suggest to crate train her for the mean time if there is a visitor inside your house. Spend more time with the dog and I think it's a form of aggression but let's seek more advice.

I am partially disabled as well (my left elbow was dislocated when I was a kid, since then I can't make my whole arm straight) but that won't stop us from taking care of our pooch