Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

09-02-2016, 05:40 AM

Dog for apartment with v shaped ear

Hi guys, im new to forum and have never owned a dog. I live in an apartment. And i'm gonna buy a dog soon . But i'm fasinated with dogs with v shaped ear. So can u guys recommend a dog with v shaped ear and can be kept in apartment. I have no problem with moderate barking and energy level though i would prefer less sheding. I dont think such a dog exists that can meet my expectations. But any help and criticism would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 09:18 AM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-your-dogs-ear
Which of these fit your preference?
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

09-02-2016, 10:09 AM
My preference would be upright ear and hooded ear.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-02-2016, 11:28 AM
As long as the dog gets plenty of walks a day...

http://www.breedia.com/dogs/basenji

Your choices are limited because of apartment living, but go thro the A to Z on breedia: http://www.breedia.com/dogs
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

09-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Thanks Azz. My friends also recomended Basenji. But i wanted some expert suggetion. Will 1 hour walk a day be enough?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Hm not sure about the walk time. It would need toilet breaks in between exercise. Do you work? How long would the pup/dog be left for?
Toocool2btrue
New Member!
Male 

09-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm a student. And he will be alone 20hr a week or 4hr a day atmost. And at weeknd i'll spend all day with him. Thank for the help.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I think if you do want a dog you will have to have it when the holidays are long so that you can get a good routine going also find someone to give it some company during that time. Most young dogs like company. Lots to think about.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Bearing in mind that a dog is a commitment for the next 12 to 14 years on average. Your current status as a student is unlikely to last that long and so your circumstances are bound to change. Once you enter the world of work you will doubtless find that you don't have anywhere near as much time to devote to your canine companion.
Please give it a lot of thought - perhaps if you long for the companionship of a canine creature, you could help someone with exercising their pet or do some voluntary help for a shelter or dog orientated charity. This could then be tailored to suit your hours and needs, far more readily than a living sentient creature. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2016, 06:12 PM
I'd always recommend a rescue dog, but without a garden the rescues will not home to you. Any dog in an apartment situation will need extra care with regard to decent exercise regime and hopefully a park, beach or common nearby where they can have a good run and maybe meet up with doggie pals.

Regarding the ears do you mean upright or pointing down? I think a retired greyhound could suit your situation, although you would need to prove that you have a suitable secure exercise place nearby. They don't really have V shaped ears though or do they?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >