Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 02:31 PM

Every one I've met...

Several of my neighbors have had these things and many people I've met at parks and senior facilities have had these things and they're ALL mean like this. NEVER met a nice one. Probably met at least 20 so thats saying something. They snap and bite and snarl, often even at their own owners. Most videos of them depict them as little terrors as well. Where are the nice Chihuahuas? They certainly aren't around here!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Sounds like you've met the dogs of stupid humans

Not sure why you call them 'these things' tho
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 02:48 PM
The dog in the video is being slightly pestered by his owner, but I can do this easily to my dogs and they don't mind at all. I've met Yorkies and other small breeds (owned by the same kinds of people or even the same EXACT people) and they were nice. At this point, based solely on my own encounters, I can't say the owners have to be the issue. As a matter of fact, it doesn't seem that way at all. "These things" are a bad habit I have since all Chihuahuas (or even Chihuahua mixes like my neighbors dog) I've met are awful. Excuse me for that.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Slightly pestered by his owner?? Understatement of the year
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I think the video also paints a picture of how the dog may be getting treated off-camera too..

Someone in my family said their friend owns a Chi, and they treat it like a doll - picking it up 'shoving' it from place to place like it's some sort of toy. Poor dogs, stupid owners as usual.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2015, 04:15 PM
The owner wants a slap, what are they trying to achieve?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 04:17 PM
We used to board two lovely chis. The only problem we had was peeling them off us
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Well call it extremely annoyed if you want to. Doesn't change anything. I can do this to all dogs I've owned and they don't act like snarly angry monsters. Wonder why Chihuahuas seem to be like this way more than other small breeds which are treated (or if you prefer to call it) mistreated the same? They're not? Ah, can't believe that at all. Oh, well!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Well small things have few weapons at their disposal, a big dog might just knock your hand aside with a paw but a small dog can't do that. Pugs are easy going dogs and pinching their muzzle shut like that would be nigh on impossible due to their face shape but they will bite if annoyed enough and that would certainly annoy them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 08:43 PM
I suppose. So the theory is that all Chihuahuas that act incredibly mean have bad owners? I just can't believe that. I knew a very nice lady who has a toy poodle and a Chihuahua and her poodle was a super nice dog but the Chihuahua would tug and bark and snarl so much he'd actually have seizures. She was super nice to him and always tried to calm him because he'd thrash himself into a fit. And this dude only messed with the dogs mouth after initial attempts to pet the dog was met with snarling. Sure he's annoying the dog, but same as EVERY Chihuahua I've met, initial attempts to pet the dog or be nice to it are met with aggression. I GUESS its possible its all the owners fault, but I'm really thinking its more of a combination of things.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >