Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-07-2015, 06:25 PM

Dogs are family and all family matters

Dogs are not a toy and they are more than just a pet, they are our family. We all should think a million times before we decide to get a dog. It's not just for a season or few weeks, they will stay with us for more than 10 years. This video is to prove that you can rise dog and baby together, you just have to let baby know it's the same as a human just have four legs.
Hopefully you will like this video and let us know what do you think about it

xionax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2015, 10:33 AM
aww, really sweet to watch. Clearly have a strong bond. It's great to see kids and their pets well together
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-07-2015, 03:45 PM
And when the dog finally gets fed up of being pestered/teased etc. by the baby and snaps.....whose fault will it be then!!
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Some of it was lovely to watch but there was a couple of incidences where the dog was not quite so relaxed.
When the dog was sleeping on the sofa and the child kissed it , the dog did a double tongue flick and that is a clear sign that a dog is anxious . Thats not to say that he would bite the child but other dogs in that situation might.

With the rise in child attacks by dogs you have to be extremely careful .
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Lovely Beagle and they are clearly devoted to each other :0)
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Thank You Bobble
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
And when the dog finally gets fed up of being pestered/teased etc. by the baby and snaps.....whose fault will it be then!!
This is why i supervised them all the time, when it is a fun its ok, but if he gets angry because of teasing i will react immediately( never happen but i can't be sure it never will)
Charliedadog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
Some of it was lovely to watch but there was a couple of incidences where the dog was not quite so relaxed.
When the dog was sleeping on the sofa and the child kissed it , the dog did a double tongue flick and that is a clear sign that a dog is anxious . Thats not to say that he would bite the child but other dogs in that situation might.

With the rise in child attacks by dogs you have to be extremely careful .
It is actually a big problem for us. Laura always wants to say hello to other dogs and i have to hold her really tight. I have to learn her not all dogs are like Charlie. This moment on sofa....Charlie has his moments when he wants to be alone.....after this scene i took Laura away
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Well done for supervising. Its not easy , you have to have eyes in the back of your head.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Clearly Charlie is a very well balanced dog, comfortable in his own skin, knowing his place and behaving appropriately with a sweet little girl. Equally, that little girl is gentle and respectful of and with Charlie, especially bearing in mind she is so young. Clearly, the family have raised both dog and child extremely well and I take my hat off to them. It is so difficult to get the balance right with very young children and dogs - the last thing you want is to raise a child who is terrified of dogs because you flap like a mad hen every time a dog comes anywhere near. On the other hand, you want the child to learn respect and caution towards all dogs, their own included but especially of strange dogs. I think this family have achieved an excellent balance here.

Clearly, Charlie knows his place in the family pack. He respects the little girl, and even when she puts her face right into his when he is lying on the sofa and gives him a kiss, he responds appropriately by giving her a couple of licks - this was definitely no appeasement gesture or sign of discomfort, this was merely Charlie responding appropriately to actually what was an inappropriate thing for a human to do - the dog is lying on the sofa, you have issues here of elevated status both physically and mentally, in my opinion children should NEVER be allowed to expose their face in this way to another dog - it is disrespectful to the dog because you are invading their space in the most intimate way, and whereas as an adult I can and do do exactly that with my dogs, such a young child should never be allowed to do this - it is not fair to the dog, and it is not fair to the child. However, despite Charlie showing slight alarm in his eyes, he responded appropriately - top marks to Charlie on this one!

Apart from that many congratulations to the family for raising two such beautiful animals - both are enough to melt the hardest of hearts! Well done you!! x gnasher x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >