Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2015, 01:58 PM

Palm Oil Warning

Hi, I hope it's ok to post this on here, as it is very important, If there is a special place for this please move it, thanks.,

We need as many people to sign and share this as we can find, The family is utterly distraught by this happening to them and hope to stop it happening to anyone else. Thank you in advance x

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/740/5...beaches/?taf=1
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Thankyou for this. I have sent an email round to my members down here in Lancing. Forwarned is forearmed as they say.
kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Thank you Brenda1, we need as many as we can find to sign this as the councils are doing very little if anything about this, we have approched the government, but they need 10000 signatures just to even look at it .
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by kachinas View Post
Thank you Brenda1, we need as many as we can find to sign this as the councils are doing very little if anything about this, we have approched the government, but they need 10000 signatures just to even look at it .
Cannot see the actual story.. ah I have googled.. terrible. When I was a small child we used to caravan in Cornwall and the beaches were thick with black oil/tar. Only way to get it off feet, shoes and of course animal paws was with petrol. Just a thought but will it help to muzzle dogs for the time being? I met a muzzled ( lightweight) at my stall a while back because it would eat anything in sight. Or is the toxin being absorbed through the skin? Or organise a voluntary clean up? We do that here with litter etc.
kachinas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Is the link not working , I did double check it .
Yes, muzzleing will help, as Wolfie's son was with him but he was muzzled for other reasons.
The trouble with this stuff is it is used to clean out tankers and then disspersed into the sea, where it solidifies and then washes up on our shores, last year it was in Cornwall and along the south coast, but now it is being found further up , People do do voluntary clean-ups, but it is the companies dumping the stuff that need to be delt with. (mpo).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Absolutely tragic, run free Wolfie. Lots of hugs to Carla and the whole family.
Karen, I can't sign the petition, it won't let me change my country of residence.
Can you email it over to me.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by kachinas View Post
Is the link not working , I did double check it .
Yes, muzzleing will help, as Wolfie's son was with him but he was muzzled for other reasons.
The trouble with this stuff is it is used to clean out tankers and then disspersed into the sea, where it solidifies and then washes up on our shores, last year it was in Cornwall and along the south coast, but now it is being found further up , People do do voluntary clean-ups, but it is the companies dumping the stuff that need to be delt with. (mpo).
I totally agree re the companies but am a very practical person and first aid needed before long term care.. when I lived on a small island I was horrified by the junk washed up dumped by ships. But locals would say ah the sea will " brak it up" .. made me mad!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Is this the dog that was holidaying in Norfolk ? I think there was something happened on our North Norfolk beaches Great Yarmouth way.
Very disturbing wherever you live but living in Norfolk worrying for us as we use the North Norfolk beaches occasionally.
Petition signed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Yes they were holidaying in Great Yarmouth. I knew him, he was one of Hal's sons (Gnasher's old boy). They were desperately trying to get him home where the vet was waiting for him, but he passed away during the journey
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Oh no June didn't realise he was one of Hal's sons.
I read about there journey with him so sad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >