register for free

Dog News

Owners let Hulk the 12-stone pit bull play with toddler son

A toddler hangs off the back of a super-sized 12-stone pit bull that could snap a man's arm with a single bite.
But despite being a banned breed in the UK, breeders Marlon and Lisa Grennan say monster dog "Hulk" is 100 per cent trusted with their young son.

More here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ddler-son.html

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Ugh, not these crappy people again. I showed them training these dogs in bite work using an e collar on the other thread posted about this dog. So silly and dangerous. Here's another fine example of how they care for their dogs...

Watch as a clearly distressed dog is forced to have a child ride him like a horse. The dog showed signs of being upset as soon as they even brought the child. This is scary stuff, if that dog attacked... there would not be a thing they could do to stop him.

But publicity is what they want... and they sure are getting it. And for the last time... Hulk is NOT anything close to a pit bull!
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2015, 01:30 PM
nutso!

That dog is not an American Pit Bull terrier.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Goodness, that's not a dog - it's a beast!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Seriously just get a gun if you need protection. Poor misfits
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2015, 01:35 AM
No, he's a mastiff mix and as he's nothing close to a pit bull type, he shouldn't even count as a banned breed. Who modified my post to look like a hot mess of two different font sizes etc? I wish they'd have left it alone. I'm on my tablet and cannot watch embedded videos and it was typed like that for a reason.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2015, 02:58 AM
Yup not a pit bull and really stupid people. A huge dog and a toddler, what could possibly go wrong? If the child gets hurt, not from a bite but just from the pup's sheer size guess who they'll blame?
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2015, 02:27 AM
I don't think they need protection really, I don't think they are training true protection / guard. If you watch the clip it the link it appears to be prey driven sleeve dogs. They show a smaller dog (not bad looking dog at all) going nutty for sleeve. If you throw the sleeve it would chase it instead of go for the man. If sleeve comes off during bite it will hold & shake sleeve. I'm willing to bet. A protective defense driven dog will not chase sleeve they will go for the threat which is the man. If sleeve comes off they will drop it & keep for the man.
There are stable pure Pits trained in dog sports & they are in prey mode and are completely non human aggressive. It is play like holding a hide, chasing a ball which derives from prey drive.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 03:06 AM
Yes, real pit bulls should not harbor human aggression. Training them to bite people is stupid and going against their nature. Add in that these people train with electric shock collars, I'm just annoyed by their entire crappy breeding program
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2015, 04:33 AM
I don't believe they are truly training to be man biters. But don't like their program either. They are calling this bandog a Pit Bull & marketing these dogs as something they are not 2 fold.
I got on my phone & watched the video posted on this thread. Why are they dragging him around with a child on his back? He clearly doesn't want to do that. Like she is pulling him by the collar when the kid is on him!
I've seen many use e-collars but I don't think these people know what they are doing. If improper or the dog gets desensitized to it they won't have control over him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top